ILL CHRISTMAS

Options
suncatcher
suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
edited 29. Dec 2012, 07:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone Ive been away for sooo long. It is nice to see familiar names still on here and so many new ones. I hope you all had a good Christmas.
The run up to Christmas i have been depressed and was not enjoying anything. I have not written any poetry or attended my writing group or read any Novell since September. My tablets for depression got put up to 30mg.
I put off getting any presents late writing cards because i was not in the mood quite emotionless. I did get everything went through the motions anyway. I should have attended my consultant appointment in September forgot that. The next is in march. I have had a sprained wrist feeling and i carried on as usual. I noticed over the next month my joints my feet in particular was painful. All my shoes hurt. I decided to wait until i had money to get some new ones. I noticed my hands numb sometimes. I was due for a blood test the usual on Wednesday 19th December. I had been experiencing headaches, numbness in hands and the slight spaced out feeling when i turned my head and lightheaded feeling a day before. I had decided to ask if i could put my appointment forward when i went for blood test. I was feeling dizzy i knew i had a water infection coming so booked a gp appointment for afternoon.
I had blood took and went up to the desk i explained my problems and i feel unwell and asked to sit down while the lady checked her computer for a date. The lady went away for ten minuets explaining on return she explained my consultant was not in that day but she could get me in to see someone else. or come back next day. I chose next day. My nurse came to me and i told her what was wrong. she checked i was ok with comeing back next day and asked what i was going to do and how i would get home. I said i would stay around the hospital in the cafe and get a taxi. She was concerned as i was dizzy. I went home in a taxi which i had arrived in also. Went home and slept then got up to get a taxi there and back to doctors where i was given antibiotics for water infection. This doctor was a new one.
My hospital appointment came next day and i have been booked for and mri scan and nerve tests. they may have to increase my arthritis tablets and lower my bloods down further as i am on lethudamide or arva. and the drug can raise the blood presure. All this to come after Christmas. On Friday night my son got the vomiting virus. I became ill next day vomiting diarrhea high low temperatures aches and pains and i fainted a few times. Christmas eve my daughter and husband got it. My son was better that day I still had it. My Christmas day was spent in bed ill. we canceled plans. The xmas prissies and cards all undelivered. I have only started eating again today. My hubbies recovering and my children are completely better.
One good thing im reading a novel my first in a long time. :D
from suncatcher
Joanne

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, your black dog returned with some vengeance, didn't he? Blasted depression. :( You've battled through this before Suncatcher, and you can do so again. Your 2012 had its higlights and don't you forget what you achieved earlier in the year, OK? Christmas can be done when you're all well again and I sincerely hope that that time comes soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • suncatcher
    Options
    Thanks for that dream Daisey. I think i needed the rest. Im going to celebrate the new year instead. My daughters boyfriend has the virus now. we told him not to come back after visiting his parents. He wanted to look after my daughter. She has ended up looking after him, :) . Heres to 2013. Suncatcher
    Joanne
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh suncatcher...It seems you have two threads going...just to let you know I have posted on your other one....I hope you feel a little better getting it all out...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    i'm sorry to read how much you've been struggling and how depressed you have been. its difficult to feel in the mood for anything when depressed but just look after yourself first and the rest will follow.

I didn't enjoy Christmas at all so I have also decided to have another go ;a lovely new Years Eve complete with a few more pressies I bought online in the sales. :)

here is to a steady recovery and carry on enjoying the novel. Nothing better than a good book to take you far away from stress and pain Suncatcher

hugs

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suncatcher
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh suncatcher...It seems you have two threads going...just to let you know I have posted on your other one....I hope you feel a little better getting it all out...xx

I think all the illness is out of the house now. We are planning the visit to the families to deliver the presents and do new year together. I have finished the novel Bob The street cat by James bowen on amazon. I enjoyed the book. I am feeling a lot better thanks from joanne
    Joanne
  • suncatcher
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    i'm sorry to read how much you've been struggling and how depressed you have been. its difficult to feel in the mood for anything when depressed but just look after yourself first and the rest will follow.

I didn't enjoy Christmas at all so I have also decided to have another go ;a lovely new Years Eve complete with a few more pressies I bought online in the sales. :)

here is to a steady recovery and carry on enjoying the novel. Nothing better than a good book to take you far away from stress and pain Suncatcher

hugs

Elizabeth x
    Thank Elizabeth enjoy the sales. I had a top and scarf of my daughter and i have brought a new pair of trousers. I am after some pixie boots to finish the out fit im going to get measured first my feet are wider im sure. I have finished my book. heres to more. from Joanne
    Joanne