Rheumy nurse app

Options
Mumof1
Mumof1 Member Posts: 42
edited 29. Dec 2012, 06:32 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well I am off to start sulfasalazine today from the rheumy nurse at 10.15, and also to have my steroid injection :shock:

Wish me luck, I'm dreading it :D

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luch with that-I'm sure it will be fine and hopefully you'll get good relief from the steroid very quickly.
    Deb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    There's nothing to dread: the injection will over and done with (if it's one in your behind) in no time at all and hopefully you will feel the benefits it can offer in the next few days. Sulph is just one tablet per day to begin, and hopefully as you build it it too will start to make a difference. I found in the early days of sulph I bruised a great deal but that was the only 'problem' - I hope you will get on with it OK. Good luck! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Mumof1
    Options
    Thank you for the reply's, well I'm back and the injection was no problem at all, you may remember an earlier thread of mine where I was worried about the sulp tablets because I have a phobia of swallowing tablets, so I explained this and they have very kindly given me a liquid form.

I am so relieved I could jump for joy, and probably would if I wasn't in pain :D , now the hard part starts if they affect me like some of the stories I have read on here.
  • Mummyof3
    Mummyof3 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Hi, glad today went well. I'm also in sulpha tablets-6 a day, and in the beginning I did get the sicky feeling but as I got used to them they are fine now. I just find they don't give me much relief now so I'm not sure what's next as my rhuemy says 6 is the max dose. Waiting for my next app to see.
  • Mumof1
    Options
    Hi Mummyof3, thanks for the reply, i'm sorry that the sulph dont seem to be working now, hopefully your consultant will be able to sort something else out for you xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'd forgotten about your phobia, I apologise. :oops: I've never had any joint benefit from the sulph but it does help to keep my skin clear of psoriasis (I have psoriatic arthritis). Everyone is different, however, and let's hope it makes a positive difference for you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben