pain in hands and feet

Options
wall1409
wall1409 Member Posts: 294
edited 30. Jun 2013, 16:11 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Hope you all had a good xmas. I am awaiting a second MRI scan as rheumi does suspect my hip and back pain are not just from OA he suspects inflamatory but does not show in blood tests. I have now started to get pain in my knuckles and fingers also big toe on right foot feels broke can hardly lift it up and even the duvet over my toes hurts, it goes from a burning pain to a feeling of pain in the very bones. Anyone else experienced this please?

Wendy x

Comments

• dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

sorry to hear that you're in so much pain, hope that you get diagnosis and treatment you need really soon. I get really painful hands and feet with RA, but just wondered whether you had tried keeping the bedding raised off your feet to get some relief at night? I used to use a couple of round cylindrical cushions to lift the quilt, then my lovely OT gave me a simple frame that slips under the matttress and keeps it raised- it's less snug at night, but also less painful!!!!!

Deb x
  • wall1409
    Options
    Thanks for that Deb, been sleeping without covers over feet but its awkward, may have to try that, going to see GP today to see what he thinks as still waiting for second MRI appointment

Wendy
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    How did you get on with the GP, Wendy? Any help?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My feet and hands hurt all the time - I sleep on my side and our very light duvet doesn't trouble them but if I lie on my back - yow! I've been to see an orthotist and he has made some insoles for me - yow again! - because part of the pain seems to be caused by my flat feet. As for the hands, well, they twinge and ache and I have yet to find anything that helps. :roll: I second Sticky's enquiry - was the GP helpful? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wall1409
    Options
    He as very helpfull, he gave me sleeping tablets and tranqilisers to help deal with it and also left a message on rheumi's voicemail saying I need an urgent review as my condition has changed to ask them to chase up second appointment for MRI scan, he thinks this is definately inflamatory arthritis and he is concerned of damage being done whilst I am waiting a correct dx

Wendy x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I think he's doing everything he can, Wendy. I hope the rheumatology appt comes through soon.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • wall1409
    Options
    Yippee, hospital called today and have e-mailed my consultant for an emergency appointment so will be getting a call from hospital on Wednesday. Think there has been a massive mix up at hospital as his secretary is off and rhemi nurse didnt even know I had received a letter for second MRI!!. At least I am getting sorted

Wendy xx
  • Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    Options
    Hi

Your symptoms sound v familiar!! What was your diagnosis? Still going thru loads of tests to hopefully get an overall diagnosis!

Hopefully, you're getting treatment and feeling better by now?