Toes

Options
janjankay
janjankay Member Posts: 20
edited 29. Dec 2012, 13:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
My toes are becoming increasingly sore every day and now every time i start to walk the the pain is getting unbearable the only toes that don't hurt are my big toes has anyone got any advice for me please!!

jan

Comments

• elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Jan

I dont know what illness you have? If its arfur may be dampness, if not could it be gout/cellulitis?

Hope you get better answers!

Elainexx
    janjankay wrote:
    My toes are becoming increasingly sore every day and now every time i start to walk the the pain is getting unbearable the only toes that don't hurt are my big toes has anyone got any advice for me please!!

jan
  • janjankay
    janjankay Member Posts: 20
    Options
    I have osteo arthriitis in most of my joints but this is new in my toes.

jan
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Ah right, other will advise im sure then....Rotten though eh?

Elainex
    janjankay wrote:
    I have osteo arthriitis in most of my joints but this is new in my toes.

jan
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Are you taking any anti-inflammatory meds for your OA? Like all arthritises OA can spread (and it does :roll:) but I think this is worth mentioning to your GP when you next see him. (I have PsA-affected toes and it's like walking on ground glass.) In the meantime keep your feet as warm as you can and before moving try wriggling your toes a little to help get them used to the idea that they will soon have something to do. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I think the wriggling is good advice whether or not you're planning to get up as it keeps the circulation moving.

I'm sorry, Janjankay, I can't remember which meds you're on but they might need tweaking. Maybe see your GP?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright