Hello

Options
Sarah1955
Sarah1955 Member Posts: 8
edited 30. Dec 2012, 09:48 in Say Hello Archive
Hello

My name is sarah and I am in my late 50s...After an active life I have OA in both of my knees and probably gonna have a bilateral knee replacement sometime soon!

Noone else close to me has a similar problem and I just really wanted to discuss with someone that would truly understand my pain, thus I registered :)

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Welcome Sarah

This site is fantastic, lovely people to talk to and all in the same boat, one way or another.

Wendy x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello Sarah. I've just replied to your post on the 'Acceptance' thread and I hadn't realised you were a newbie so I apologise for not welcoming you there. I guess I've imbibed too deeply over Christmas and my brain cell still isn't working :oops: I'm glad you found your way to LWA though and I hope you'll find everyone as helpful as I do.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks lignum vitae,toni,sticky wicket. hope so !

hi dd
    taking small dose folic acid and oral steroids,(prednisolone) reduceing over time with met
    2nd dose on monday :? erhh hope works better than the sulfasalazine
    (knocked my blood cell count for 6) :mrgreen: sleeping better so far..
    thats good :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I have OA in both knees, both ankles and PsA in other joints. I am still waiting to be considered for new knees (I have another eighteen months or so to go before the ortho will see me again) and my mobility is steadily reducing so hopefully they will look kindly on me.

Surgery is the best hope for decreasing the pain and increasing mobility. In the meantime the GP can only offer pain relief and / or anti-inflammatory medication. Exercise is important in helping to keep the leg muscles strong (and weight off) so they better support the joints and this will also aid your post-op recovery. It's not unknown for both knees to be done at the same time but the new joints are not the same as the originals and they do require some cossetting. :wink: I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben