Me knees are alight.

Options
2»

Comments

• GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD, every time I come on this forum I look for your name. If you've posted I always want to see what's going on in your world and how you're supporting others.

I can totally identify with that constant pain situation. It's become part of my life now and like you - although I have OA and not RA - all of a sudden it can go off the scale sometimes for absolutely no reason why.

Just before Christmas I was driving locally and my knee was really giving me gyp so there I was, driving down the road, swearing out loud to my knee telling it off and making it very clear it wasn't going to win the battle that particular day. I'm still not sure who was the victor that day - I think it might have been a draw.

Dealing with arthritis is almost like fighting a war isn't it? You seem to have a right old fight on your hands, and then sometimes win that particular battle only to then find out that you're straight into another battle which you may not win.

For what it's worth, I agree with you concerning pain meds. You need to be able to make the most of what you can do and that's not always possible if you're drugged up to the eyeballs. I also take the long-term view; being 47 I think if I'm on this level of meds now what's going to happen when I get into my late fifties/sixties?

Good luck with the catering - I'm sure whatever you prepare will be lovely.

Take care
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,925
    Options
    Hello DD
    you have done well with your hands i know it was a lot of hard work for you.
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sorry you're still in such a lot of pain DD. Are you're hands almost healed? I don't like taking too much pain relief either. I started with toothache a couple of weeks ago and might not have noticed it so I could get something done about it. Hope things improve soon for you.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    M thanks to everyone who has posted on here recently - I forgot to say this yesterday and I apologise. :oops: The hands have healed beautifully - I know where the scars are but to an 'outsider' they look like natural palm creases. Mister Ortho Surgeon did a splendid job and once I can write properly I shall send him a 'thank you' card. I am struggling with lifting things (and dropping quite a lot of things too), cooking is not easy and fine motor-control things are difficult (things like writing and cutting). Typing, oddly, isn't too bad, I'm a touch typist and that's just exaggerated finger waggling!

What dropped in the past couple of days was my coping level - I am still struggling with my mobiliy as I cannot use my crutches or rollator (the latter is better but not wonderful) so much of my walking is unsupported (or using my walking sticks) which is causing its own troubles. I am so gald I had both done at the same time because I fear that having them done individually would have put too much strain on my knees etc with only using one crutch. Oh it's a complicated life at times. :roll:

Things are about to take a turn for the better though - my wonderful neighbour is coming in at mid-day to cut my hair and I'm having it all lopped off. I shall be a shorn Daisy for purely practical reasons - I give not one damn how I look. Grade 3 at the back, some length left on top but not much - very k d lang. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben