Comets!

mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 5. Jan 2013, 08:56 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well 2013 is going to be a truly great year for us all, sadly in 2012 we lost the greatest UK astronomer of modern times and a boy hood hero of mine dear old Sir Patrick Moore, but that said life goes on and this year is going to be really interesting and none of you will be able to ignore it, here's a link for you all, may you all have a great new years and a pain free start to 2013. Anyway that's enough guff from me here's the link.

http://voicesweb.org/two-comets-are-coming-quot2013-could-be-year-great-cometsquot-7953

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Yes Patrick will be missed....I remember has a girl being afraid of him..a bit like an headmaster...but I grew to love watching and listening to him....thanks for the link mell....two millions years to get to us..incredible...
    Love
    Barbara
  • mellman01
    WOW what a response I'm stunned!.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Mellman It was a very interesting article and I'm sure it will be spectacular. Lets hope they don't do a u-turn and head straight for us thats the only thing that concerns me.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Hi Liz thanks!, as for coming this way I'm ahead of the curve there, I've wrapped me head in tin foil and I have loads of dried beans and tins of soup in my dooms day bunker under the starecase, I've seen the films signs so I know they can read your mind the tin foil stops the buggers, but unlike Mel "anti-semitc" Gibbson not only do I have a baseball bat I've got a shotgun as well and a hose pipe ready for em!. Mind you with all this rain they might not come at all?.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I have a metal collander on my head Mell so feeling prepared too!!

On a serious note - might need reminding nearer to the dates....head like a sieve
    :lol:

love

Toni xxx
  • tkachev
    http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Duct-Tape-Viking-Hat

Just incase anybody else needs one......

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mellman01
    Oh Elizabeth you are a wag you made me really laugh:), hey I've also made some for the dogs although Mandy got some odd looks when she took them out for a walk this morning but its better to be safe than sorry, but just a slight problem I think those you posted are wrong, it needs to be a pointed cones haven't you ever seen the film signs??
  • tkachev
    No never seen that film but just had a quick look. I'm not too hot on sitting through a film as I'm easily distracted. So we need pointed cones? They should be quite easy to make shouldn't they? We have all the other things you listed.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein