New to site suffering and would like a friendly ear

Options
2»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We're all in a similar boat, Woody, we know what it's like. I can't wait to use my rollator again, the double carpal tunnel op last November has greatly affected my mobility as I've been unable to use my walking aids. Hey-ho, the hands are healing, I can now use walking sticks (which are kinda OK for support) and my leg muscles are strengthening again. I have to take meds all the time for the psoriatic arthritis, and I take four co-codamols per day to help take the edge of the pain. As far as I'm concerned there's no choice about any of it, I need what quality of life I can get now and the meds help that. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Woody I have PM;d you

Arthur
  • arfaitis
    arfaitis Member Posts: 155
    Options
    Woody my contact has put you on a rotor for a visit from the BL.
    He is not sure whether it will be him but he will do his best.
    ****'s law it will be on one of your good days, Good luck.
    Arthur
  • WoodyEngland
    WoodyEngland Member Posts: 40
    Options
    That sounds good well I rang the BL but at the same time your friend rang and left 2 voicemail msgs when I spoke to the BL who didn't seem interested again when I phoned and seemed aliitle off with me basically advised me to contact my veterans welfare department to have somebody come out to have me re assessed your friend who called seemed very caring and interested just wish I could of spoken to him instead of the other chap I'm in limbo now as I'm afraid that if the welfare officer comes to see me I might blow my chances of emigrating as Ill have to have a medical and they might look into my past with my feet feel back at square 1
  • WoodyEngland
    Options
    He also advised me to get the doc to refer me to the MSK clinic ( any ideas what this is) I've had casts made of my feet and inserts made for me which don't work and had an MRI scan
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    They probably mean a musculo-skeletal clinic. Depending where you live, it could provide a variety of services for problems involving joints, tendons, muscles, etc etc. Often the physiotherapists will have the skills and authority to do more than a normal physio could eg ultrasounds, nerve conduction tests, scans, and so on. There might be other clinicians apart from physios.

Good luck with everything
  • WoodyEngland
    Options
    Going to see my doc about this talked to my family in aus and my agent and my arthritis shouldn't be a problem on medical lets hope this leads to something more positive like some physio
  • WoodyEngland
    Options
    In docs in 10 mins
  • WoodyEngland
    Options
    What a surprise told doc that I've been waiting forever for what's happening on my feet and can I be seen by the msk clinic he said there's nothing on the system since you had your MRI scan six years ago and you Havant been in touch so all the times I've been down since asking what's happening to my referral has been ignored so he's looking into it for me what a waiste of time again
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We have to keep chasing and pursuing, there's no use in expecting people to do their jobs as we would wish because to them we are not individuals, we are one face in the general morass of lumpen faces they see day after day after day. I'm in the midst of this with my husband at the moment (he's in hospital, had an appendectomy at around 10pm last night) and yes, I'm chasing and harrying as much as I can when I'm there because he is no-one special to them. And why would he be? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • WoodyEngland
    Options
    Well good news in booked into the MSK clinic in halifax on the 28th of this month so we will see what happens