just saying hello

Options
denie
denie Member Posts: 2
edited 6. Jan 2013, 04:46 in Say Hello Archive
well hello im denise, im 48 yrs old live with my two lads, i have severe artheritis, ive been living in wales four years, it affects all my body especially my spine, in not really sure how to use this forum so any tips please, thankyou

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Helle denie, it's nice to meet you. If you've found your way to this part of the forum I am sure you will find the other bits in due course but stick to here until you feel more confident. The Living with Arthritis part is where we deal with questions about meds, side effects, treatments etc, the Chit-Chat zone is supposed to be an arthritis-free bit, the other titiles are self-explanatory.

What sort of arthritis do you have? I'm one of the 'lucky' ones who has both kinds, an auto-immune version (psoriatic) and that has led to OA in both knees and both ankles. It's a pain - literally! :wink: I am 53, married and deliberately childless (who'd want my genes? Even I don't!) and I'm getting over double carpal tunnel surgery. I now routinely cook, iron and clean sitting down as standing still for any length of time is a thing of the past, as is dancing, cycling, walking, swimming and anything else that's fun. :wink: I hope you are having a reasonable day today and I'll keep an eye open for your name on here, OK? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hello Denise and welcome from me, too. I hope you'll find us a friendly, informative lot. You seem to have worked out how to use the forum very well. As DD says, most people use LWA and CC and do feel free to join in anywhere. You'll soon get the hang of it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Hi Denise

Lovely to meet you. Sorry about your arthritis, but this is a good place to come for support, advice and distraction from it :D

Please do come along in and join in anywhere you like welcome welcome :D

Love

Toni xx