Is Your Bus Pass already in doubt

Options
alanthemanc
alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
edited 16. Jan 2013, 13:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
Happy New Year from your friendly Lib Dem M.P.
Doesn't he realise that it costs about as much to means test people, than it will rake in.
Miserable G.t, Happy New Year, thats got it off to a realllllly happy start.
Alanthemanc

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Alan
    Wondered were you had got to... hope you are doing okish...I have been waiting for this...the old and disabled are an easy target I'm afraid.... :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    its likely pensioner benefits will be means tested especially as Child benefits have just become means tested (albeit for those earning over £50000 ) and Universal Credit will not be available for those with savings of over £16000 unlike current tax credits where you can have a million quid in the pot and still qualify.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • alanthemanc
    alanthemanc Bots Posts: 512
    Options
    Barbara
    Yeh,
    I've been lurking now and again on here, but not as often as I used to, maybe like a lot of people, appathy has set in. I;m not sure putting your views across makes any difference anymore, especially to M.P.' s
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan again
    I certainly will not give up on emailing my MP....I dont want them to think they are wearing us down...I do get the odd postcard off him now and then...postcard has in thanking me...not one from the Seychelles... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,482
    Options
    Taking the cold weather payment off the pensioners too :roll:

I know what you mean Alan it's hard to summon up the energy these days.

Elizabeth you are right about the Child Ben - not going to affect many I know though.

Love

Toni xx
  • tkachev
    Options
    Hi Toni

I know people who earn a good wage but also rent out a spare property or two so it will show on their tax form and might take them over the limit. I expect they will just put more into a pension pot.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • psquaredg
    psquaredg Member Posts: 1
    Options
    When they check the MP's salary and not get any percentage increase, then and only then can they talk about us oldies. Excuse me, I'm NOT old just reaching maturity. :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah Alan, I used to be apathetic but now I can't be bothered. :wink:

There are debts to be settled and the only way that can happen is by tightening belts, not by spending more. That applies both to an individual and collective basis, basically no-one likes it whether they are are sorting out their overdraft or trying to sort out the country. No matter, the coalition will be be voted out and we will probably return to the Red way of spending ourselves back into trouble (which could also be tinged with yellow such is the 'morality' of the Lib Dems). Happiness is. :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    Options
    But a lot of the spending was to bail out the banks. I also wonder how MP's can understand about cuts and belt tightening when they can just dip into the expenses pot any time they like without a thought for who is paying for it.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein