WE DO NOT WANT KITCHENS

Options
stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
edited 14. Jan 2013, 07:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
We don’t want kitchens from Edinburgh, London, Manchester, Middlesbrough, Aberdeen or any other s*dding town or city in the UK.

We already have kitchens. If we wanted new ones, the last place we would look would be at a site that needed to spam people in order to flog theirs.

We have arthritis. It attacks joints and surrounding tissue. It does not attack brain cells. We are not easy meat for you.

Now go stick that in your waste disposal unit. Better still, climb in yourselves.

(I am not, normally, a violent person but, in your case(s) I'm willing to make an exception.)
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I completely agree Sticky.
    I've been deleting at least 6 a day for the past 3 or 4 days
    I take you got here first this morning :lol:
    WELL SAID.

Love
    Hileena
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hear hear Sticky.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Well done Sticky well said xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Boy do I love a good rant", if my TV could talk it would need counciling from all the shouting I do at it especially when crap adds like NoNo comes or of Cameron turns up spouting his brand of lying, I call him the oxymoron these days seem to suit him very well!.
    Oh and I'm not politically biased all MP's get short shrift from me the b*****s!!. :o
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I feel very tempted to post 'Kitchen Designs Ipswich' because my home town ain't been mentioned yet - in fact nowhere in my region has come a-calling. Hmmmmm. Maybe it's time to resurrect Diabolic Damsel. 8)
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Well said SW...only I cant account for my brain cells....I do wonder if they ever get any response :roll:
    Love
    Barbara
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    I noticed some were quite offensive too. How can we delete them? I can't find any way to do it. I'm often reading here early morning, and would delete them, but don't know how.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    We can't delete them. Only the Mods can. What we can do is play our part by reporting them. You'll see a small red 'i' icon at the bottom right of each post (when you've logged in). Click on this to report a post.

What is particularly annoying about these thigs, though, is that they're all for the same company, with the same URL and the same phone number. I'd have thought the webmanager could have managed to exclude them.
    Steven Wright
  • rockchick
    Options
    Thank you. Yes, you don't see the red icon when not logged in. Light bulb moment.

I must have misunderstood an earlier poster. They mentioned having deleted spammers. Maybe that was just wishful thinking :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Once you've clicked that exclamation mark there is a drop-down menu which offeres a selection of reasons for banning or, if someone has got there before you, it will tell you. Happy 'banning by proxy!' DD
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Sticky - are you sure Arthur does not attack brain cells because I am getting more and more worried about mine.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Rockchick
    Sorry that was me that confused you.......I did mean reported them {and hope the mods delete them :wink: }
    I'm owner of 2 groups on another site and the word delete comes automatically.....sorry about the mix up

Love
    Hileena
  • rockchick
    Options
    Thank you Hileena. Shame, some of those spam posts I've read recently, it would have been very satisfying to be able to zap them :wink:
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    We do not, thank you Sticky :x

I agree the IP address should be banned!!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    lululu wrote:
    Sticky - are you sure Arthur does not attack brain cells because I am getting more and more worried about mine.

That's not arthritis, lululu. That's anno domini :wink:

I look at it this way. When virtually all the brain cells are gone it seems I can still make a living by spamming AC with kitchen offers.
    Steven Wright
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    This reminds me of the toast machine in Guide to the Galaxy-"so thats a no to the toast then?" Forgive me my mind wanders! 8)
  • hileena111
    Options
    i've Reported another 11 kitchens this morning and one random spam

:x :x

Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    We know you are trying your best.
    In fact this morning after i reported them I noticed how quicikly they disappeared

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    If the company concerned doesn't exist anymore then why are they spamming? :? Well done on the reporting, Hileena, I was late in today so I apologise for not helping you out on that front. :oops: I'll do better tomorrow. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No matter where the geographical location they all share the same telephone number. :? DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    webmanager wrote:
    I am presently waiting for Jamkit to update our spam filter which will be on Friday morning.

I take it that wasn't too successful then. :roll: 10 'kitchens' had already been reported when I logged on this morning. I did another one plus a couple of similar spams.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Perhaps Unsure has explained the reason why. DD
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    webmanager wrote:
    This will include ISP addresses. So please rest assured that we are on it
    thank you

does that also include forum members with multiple usernames? I expect people will still find a way round it though.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I know, because I'm a saddo and have checked it out, that this company originates near Manchester and uses spammers from Indonesia to spam lots of sites.

Can we not simply ban the domain name? Or the phone number? They are always the same.

I note that a bike chat forum had a lot of problems with them in December but seem to have got on top of it since.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    More have arrived today, we seem to be a soft target. I spent a happy eight minutes or so chasing wes33 who spammed every forum, even doing the same forum twice so keen was he to get his pathetic little message across. I see that Helplines have deleted him - good work chaps! DD