Tragic Loss Of A Young Life

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 14. Jan 2013, 10:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Last week whilst we were in town there was sirens, police cars screaming at about 4.30pm..We wondered what it was and later found out a young lass of 15 had committed suicide at the back of a hotel grounds.
It said the name even in the national paper and it didnt register with me who it was but was talking to my neighbour having just been to GP's...I tried to make appointment with my own GP they said she wasnt avaialble and they didnt know when she would be back - I naively thought she was ill...Then today we went past her house and her car wasnt there, cards still in window, I thought they were still christmas ones...My neighbour said today it was my GP's daughter and when I read the article in local paper it made sense...My GP uses her maiden name, the lass it said they had moved in 2001 from Ireland but my GP is south african which i didnt know, knew she was foreign thought she was Nordic...
I am devastated for her and dont know how she will get over this...The lass had apparently had bulimia and had been seeking counselling but that in itself can be humiliating...God only knows what eventually drove her to take her life, how she got hold of method etc...She was a talented girl musically and was good at school, she had it all to live for it seems....
I feel for my GP and her family terribly...It puts all my little problems with health and car into prospective doesnt it? Ironically I last saw my GP on New Years Eve in town and she complimented me on my lovely bag and I wished her A Happy New Year, her daughter was dead 4 days later...

RIP HF :cry:

Elainex

Comments

• mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    so sad elainebadknees
    so young bless her heart.
    rest in peace . mike26 ...
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Elaine thats awful poor woman, don't mind admitting got a few tears in my eyes and don't even know them , my heart goes out to the family.

RIP HF
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marie and Mike

It is awful, she hanged herself apparently and where she did it was less than 10 mins away from where she lived....I am in state of shock and feel so much for my doctor, doubt whether she will come back to work after this...

Elainexx

You can look up this lovely soul on you tube - Helena Farrell...
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    To outsiders, suicides very often appear to ‘have it all to live for’ but, to the person in question, things appear quite differently. Those who are intent on taking their own lives will find a way, a place, a method and a time. It will be a heart-breaking and soul-searching time for her family. I am reminded that Rev. Chad Varah founded The Samaritans in 1953 after taking the funeral of a 15 yr old girl who had taken her own life. Plus ça change…..
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    Options

Her mum has said in paper as her daughter was seeking counselling they did not know her deepest, darkest thoughts...This girl was very talented and had been accepted into a musical school already merited by her grades in school so far...I can only imagine the bulimia made her think of herself as something others didnt see...Its such a cruel disease and i cant even try to understand it...My heart goes out to her and her family...

Elainex
    To outsiders, suicides very often appear to ‘have it all to live for’ but, to the person in question, things appear quite differently. Those who are intent on taking their own lives will find a way, a place, a method and a time. It will be a heart-breaking and soul-searching time for her family. I am reminded that Rev. Chad Varah founded The Samaritans in 1953 after taking the funeral of a 15 yr old girl who had taken her own life. Plus ça change…..
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    That is very sad Elaine. Only she will know why she decided to take her own life. Bulimia can be all consuming and Bulimics are often high achievers and perfectionists and can feel failure where others see success.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Yes she was a very bright talented girl who visited many places in her short life....I think she would have had a career in music or dance/theatre...So tragic....She must have however felt the despair of bulimia despite having a lovely family and friends....
    There is a memorial service tommorrow for her...

Elainexx
    tkachev wrote:
    That is very sad Elaine. Only she will know why she decided to take her own life. Bulimia can be all consuming and Bulimics are often high achievers and perfectionists and can feel failure where others see success.

Elizabeth
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Its so sad to hear of a young life lost My grandaughters friend lost her fight against canser last week aged 21 it must be so hard for the family.
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Colin

Think its especially more tragic when someone is younger....Im sorry to have heard about your grand-daughter's friend, a life too young taken away too..

Elainex
    Colin1 wrote:
    Its so sad to hear of a young life lost My grandaughters friend lost her fight against canser last week aged 21 it must be so hard for the family.
    Colin
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    That is so sad, someone so young, having bulimia. It is an evil condition my sister has fighted with bulimia most of her adult life, one point she seems ok then the next few months she hardly eats and when she does she will lock herself in the toilet sticking a hidden toothbrush down her throat till she is sick. it's so sad to think it's effecting younger and younger people now. And suicide as well is effecting young adults and children! This young lady sounded like she had it all and something tipped her over the edge. So tragic, I feel for her family & friends.

RIP HF
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    It must be an awful disease Bubbadog, I cant even imagine...Her memorial was yesterday afternoon...I dont know whether to leave a card at doctor's for her mum or just to leave it...It may seem intrusive when i didnt know her daughter....

Elainexx
    bubbadog wrote:
    That is so sad, someone so young, having bulimia. It is an evil condition my sister has fighted with bulimia most of her adult life, one point she seems ok then the next few months she hardly eats and when she does she will lock herself in the toilet sticking a hidden toothbrush down her throat till she is sick. it's so sad to think it's effecting younger and younger people now. And suicide as well is effecting young adults and children! This young lady sounded like she had it all and something tipped her over the edge. So tragic, I feel for her family & friends.

RIP HF