What an idiot am I

Options
Turbogran
Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
edited 11. Jan 2013, 16:37 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just scalded my knee whilst cooking dinner :cry: saucepan lid fell off unit beside cooker I turned to see what made the clattering noise with a sauepan of potatoes in my hand ready to drain and tipped some of the boiling water over me knee (what a twit :roll: ) ouch ouch ouch and thats being polite it now stings like mad. :)
Stay positive always👍xx

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm shouting ouch for you too. Mig
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Ooooo, oooww! Hope you managed to get some cold water or ice on it to cool it down.
    Christine
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Oooow Carol hope you have got it sorted with cold water and some ice , if not dont' hang about get youself to A@E, not nice huni................tc.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Yowl of pain for you. I hope it has settled and you have had a bit of sleep. Scalds hurt!
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear. :( That sort of thing is so easily done and not-so-easily remedied. I hope you were able to quickly get some cold water on it and that things are not so sore this morning. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Put some T tree oil on it and wrap it in cling film once its cooled down that should stop it getting to nasty.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Carol I hope the pain isn't too bad today ...if it it very sore and blistered you go to A&E....you cant be to careful with burns...I know to my cost x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    Thanks all
    yes i did get cold water on it (many years of first aid training with st john ambulance taught me that one) it dose feel a lot better this morning as after i'd cooled it down i put some stuff called jelonet on it which is good for burns and scalds. this morning when i took dressing off to chamge it it looked a lot better. :):D and it didn't blister which was lucky.
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Hope your burn continues to improve.

Some years ago I lifted a pan of potatoes off the stove to drain and the handle came off, depositing potatoes and boiling water over the floor. Luckily we had that washable carpeting which was all the rage and so it didn't splash over my feet. But boy, did I jump back quickly. And what did my husband say - "we can still eat the potatoes". :roll:

Janet xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,938
    Options
    Hello Carol
    i hope your burn's not too sore. i know what its like i tipped water over my foot.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    These things are so easily done, Carol. I'm glad it's a bit better today and I hope the route to recovery is quick and simple.

Mellman, oil on a burn :shock: ? Are you sure?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Tea tree essential oil is antiseptic but lavender essential oil is for burns. it will lessen the damage done.
    Christine
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Hope your knee is not too sore today.Mig