Think yourself thin

Options
knuckleduster
knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
edited 28. Jan 2013, 17:00 in Community Chit-chat archive
Have just been reading an article in my magazine by Paul McKenna who says we all have the ability to think ourselves thin. Sounds good to me. So here I am sitting at my computer "thinking" and telling myself to "think thin". However, I think there is more to losing weight than just "thinking" about it and more to do with buying and eating less and moving more. Don't mind admitting I need to lose about a stone, but when I say to my husband I'm not buying any more biscuits, cakes, etc, the expression on his face is one of horror. I said to him, it's much easier not to eat the treats if I don't buy them in the first place. And he is a terror for buying that large bar of chocolate on special offer when he pays for the daily paper. I suppose at the end of the day it's all about not giving in to TEMPTATION.

Happy dieting everyone.

Janet xx

Comments

• ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

I once bought the Paul McKenna CD and book about this. Have since lost 23 lbs on Weight Watchers and sold the Paul McKenna on Ebay.

Shula
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Janet ...my OH is the same...well I blame him...I always try and get rid of the sweet stuff after Christmas...and then he goes and buys more...but of course when talking to people he only eats savory... :o good luck on the weight loss x
    Love
    Barbara
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Janet lead me not into temptation i can find it myself. My daughter just bought me the new Paul McKenna CD and book LOL do you know i stopped drinking and smoking but hell its so hard dieting. perhaps ypu should start a diet thread supporting those who are trying
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • knuckleduster
    knuckleduster Member Posts: 551
    Options
    Good idea Colin - a diet support sort of thing. However, I do remember reading a post just a couple of weeks ago from another forum member asking others to join her in her quest to lose weight. I've had a quick look for the post, but can't find it.

Good luck with your dieting and well done on giving up drinking and smoking.

Janet xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I do remember reading a post just a couple of weeks ago from another forum member asking others to join her in her quest to lose weight.

It was L1985 on LWA. The thread's entitles 'weight loss buddy' and is currently on page 2.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • WoodyEngland
    WoodyEngland Member Posts: 40
    Options
    In going to start my diet on Monday along with the wife I weigh around 14 and a half stone but should be around 11 and a half and and I'm suffering terribly with my ankles with austio arthritis so really need to shift some pounds to lighten the load which I'm sure will help, plus in hopefully emigrating this year so don't want to look a porker on the beech down under.

Your right mind it is so hard especially at the weekend and alcohol
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Hi Janet,

My solution relates to my OH being over 6' tall to my 5'3". He makes or buys his own biscuits, cakes, chocolate bars etc and keeps them on the top of the highest kitchen cupboard. As I can't get up onto a stool/chair or get the steps from the garage, and can't even reach the goodies with a helping hand I am at least barred from that stockpile. But it's agony knowing it is there!!

I'm also useless at thinking thin so still need to shed two stones.

With empathy - A.
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Been there, done that, gained over a stone! Nuff said!!