hello from little me

Options
newbygran
newbygran Member Posts: 96
edited 16. Jan 2013, 13:43 in Say Hello Archive
hi, I have been looking at this site for a while, finally plucked up courage to put my story, I am a mum to 2 lovely girls who have given me 6 grand children I am 63 have a very great partner Tom ; I love any craft work and gardening , but am now limited in some of the things I do,I have had sore hips for a while, finally diagnosed with O A, of the hips, I have a scilicon bunion joint now which was athritic after a fall;still feels funny/odd, better than the pain, I have gone on the wheat free diet to help limit the pain, it also reduced my migrains, for pain relief I take paracetemoland now also trying a cream rub called "deep relief" as I am allergic to asprin, feel a bit house bound sometimes, I also have Ramsay hunt syndrome which affects my balance Im like a bagatelle ball when I go out bumping in to things, people, door frames lamp posts, I do have a walking stick and Tom to keep an eye out for me, I try to look for the funny things in life, love all the info and tips and jokes,and chit chat, there we are, me 4ft 9 inch gran trying my best in a crap situation :roll:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello newbygran
    And a warm welcome from me, I am 63 this year with 3 GDs, and like you have OA of the hips and a few other places.
    You will finds lots of information on this forum and we are a friendly lot that like to support one another.
    So you stay around, if you need to know anything LWA is the place to post or if you want some light relief go to chitchat
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello little you, it's lovely to meet you and I hope you enjoy using the forum. We are a wise and knowledgeable bunch with every arthritis you could imagine between us (and a few undiagnosed sorts too). I have a foot in both arthritic camps as I have an auto sort and that has led to OA in my knees and ankles. My mobiliy is compromised but I get round that by using crutches and a seated rollator - that has changed my life as I can now walk round town for much longer than ten minutes and I can rest whenever I need. I call it the Clatterator because it makes a racket. I care not.

I'm nearly 54, 5' 7", happily married and happily childless. If you've been spectating on here for a while I am sure you know your way around the forum and I hope to see your name here and there very soon. Take care, keep warm and keep upright too: tumbles in this weather are not advisable! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Hello newbygran. I’m glad you ‘plucked up courage’ to join us. We really don’t bite :wink: and ‘trying our best in a crap situation’ is our speciality so you’ve come to the right place. My flavour of arthritis is essentially RA but I do the OA bit too. I’ve never heard of Ramsey Hunt syndrome and I’m rather pleased I don’t have it. I can bump and lurch quite well enough without it :roll: It doesn’t sound a good thing to have in combination with arthritis.

If the wheat-free diet helps that’s a good thing. Different foods seem to trigger different things in different people.

Anyway, now that you’re here do come and join us on Living With Arthritis and Chit Chat. You’ll be made welcome.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • newbygran
    newbygran Member Posts: 96
    Options
    thanks for your replys, Ramsey hunt syndrome is the after effects of shingles in the head /inner ear, left me with tinitus, bells palsy (droopy face), balance problems and a few other things; got it when I was 39 my life changed from then on I live a quiet life, I met my partner a few years later so he's always known me as I am. :wink: little and quirky.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Thanks for explaining that, newbygran. It doesn't sound very nice at all but it does sound as if it didn't make any difference to your partner and that's good. Some of us on here have great OHs.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright