hi back again

03darhum
03darhum Member Posts: 72
edited 21. May 2013, 17:04 in Young people's community
hi all
my name is Darren, its a bit late but happy new year :) hope u all had a good one and that ur all staying warm in this cold weather :)

this is just an update and i would really like some more information on my new diagnoses :) anyway i am now back at uni and as of this monday 14/1/13 i recieved my results after hospital rediagnosing my condition, my rumi now calls it AS (cant spell it) and has put me on tramadol was on narproxin but now on Diclofenac (anyone who is on this medication please explain what it is like and any syptoms)

anyway hope ur all ok :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,707
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Darren. AS is usually short for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Diclofenac is just a different anti-inflammatory. It helped my RA for years but, if you’re not currently taking a stomach-protecting med such as omeprazole or lansoprazole you should ask whichever anti-inflamm you’re on.

By the way, I'm not a young person but you're very welcome over on LWA any time you like :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    If you have a spine that runs to your toes then crikey you're going to be in trouble! :wink: Do not take any supplements without discussing this with your rheumatologist, they are not contained within the tramadol as the previous poster suggested and I'm with Sticky about the stomach protector, make sure you are taking one, please, that's for yout GP to sort out. Good luck and I hope the worst of the symptoms soon start to ease. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • 03darhum
    sorry for the late reply everyone been busy at uni, how are you all?

i do find my meds work sometimes not always when i have a flare up. also the stomch protecting meds i though u dont need them so long as you eat when you take the medicaion?

cant wait till the summer and its nearly here everone role on the nice wheather :)
  • As5567
    As5567 Member Posts: 665
    03darhum wrote:
    sorry for the late reply everyone been busy at uni, how are you all?

i do find my meds work sometimes not always when i have a flare up. also the stomch protecting meds i though u dont need them so long as you eat when you take the medicaion?

cant wait till the summer and its nearly here everone role on the nice wheather :)

Hi there, just wanted to say I also have AS (hard to spell I know) I was diagnosed with it a few years ago after just being told I have juvenile arthritis for years. What type of medication do you take? From your first post am I right to think you have only been given tramadol and diclofenac? If you find that you're having alot more bad days than good then you should ask your doctor about starting some of the drugs to treat AS such as Methotrexate. And as for the stomach protector, yes those are needed for long term use of any anti inflams. Even if you do take them with food over time this won't be enough to protect the lining of your stomach and you could develop an ulcer and other nasty things. It's worth it to take them just to prevent possible complications in the future.

Hopefully Summer will arrive soon.....if you can call it that here in the UK ;)
  • 03darhum
    again sorry for the very late reply, life seems to be only based around exams latley good for the future bad for now :D just thought seen as i a free summer now unless i have to do resits which i doubt would get on here again.

thanks for all the replys to my last post will defo get on to the doc about stomach protection meds as i have been on anti inflamation tabs for 3 years now.

hope you all okay :)