Bubble and Squeak update

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 20. Jan 2013, 05:50 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hello

I'm just back from my 27 week scan. All is going really well (hooray), the two miscreants are growing nicely and the pain I keep getting in my rib is from Squeak headbutting me so that explains a lot. The last Dr we saw (now named Dr Doom in this house) said there was a growth difference of 10% so things could go either way, this time, there is no growth difference really and both are growing nicely and pretty much at the same rate. They sometimes start you on steroid injections now to help mature baby lungs but the three of us are deemed to be doing well so that isn't thought to be necessary just yet, another hooray! I'm still fairly active - not running marathons but walking lots, I do get breathless faster and Mr LV is smug about finally being able to climb hills faster than me but I plead exception given the head sticking in my right lung and the extra weight of these two. My belly is HUGE! They are active babies and I get lots of kicks at regular intervals day and night which is great.

Sleep is getting harder as I struggle to get comfy so Mr LV keeps gallantly giving up the bed and going to the sofa to give me space but sometimes I think he is just sick of sharing a bed with something as big as the Ark Royal moving about trying to dock and surrounded by pillows. I can either sleep sitting up or on my left which isn't too great as my left shoulder is a bit of a mess but I'm managing to get a few hours, take a paracetamol, move around and then get another sleep session in so not too bad really (and beats being up all night with arthritis pain!).

Something remarkable has also happened with my Mum. As I have progressed into the pregnancy she seems to have totally transformed her opinion of me and is treating me like an adult :o . Rather than telling me how well she was doing compared to I at each stage she is now super encouraging, she even said that you couldn't tell I was pregnant from the back which is a lie but a very nice lie all the same! I have set her a range of tasks that generally involve a ball of wool and some needles which I think is helping. I have also included her in lots of things like the nursery (that is, I have texted her pictures of the progress). I even took her pram shopping, although my mind was made up before we got there but I did a good job selling the pram of choice to her...it should arrive in the next few weeks.

Sorry, this is quite long but there you go, we are all set and in 10 weeks, if things haven't started to happen I will be guided by my lovely new doctors through induction as beyond 37 weeks a new set of risks creep in for twins...not long to go before Bubble and Squeak are screaming as well as kicking!

My only niggle is that an epidural is preferred and I can see why so will probably go for it...but with this messy spine I just hope that doesn't create complications...anybody out there any ideas/ knowledge on that?

Love LV xx
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aagin a lovely heartwarming post LV
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So excited for you , LV , keep us posted . Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Well, I don’t know about you two but I know I’m excited. I do have the advantage of not having to look forward to sleepless nights, dirty nappies and crying babes though.

This walking thing with Mr LV – could you make things a little more even? Make him carry an equivalent weight round his middle and occasionally chuck a rugby ball at his solar plexus?

Enjoy the mother thing. I don’t know if it’ll last but long live the knitting needle and ball of wool :)

Sorry, can’t help re epidurals. It was merely gas and air back in the Dark Ages when I had mine – and they shot into the world so quickly, there wasn’t even time for that.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh LV I do love to read your up dates
    And so glad to see that they are both growing at the same speed , its good that your mum see you has all grown up now... bless you will always be her baby.
    How nice of MR LV to give up the bed,one of those lovely body pillows would be nice now, my dil used one when pregnant last year and she loved it.
    It wont be long now , gosh I think they are the first forum twins, at least for the last 3 years since I came on.
    You are doing brilliant, do you know what the little ones are yet or dont you want to know.
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi LV!

It is always nice to read good news. I like the idea of evening things out with your huuby!!

You never know the epidural might be good for your spine. Surely it is fairly similar to the one we get for our nerve pain relief? But I am only guessing here.

Again, so glad things are going well for you. Even me, a well known non-baby person, is excited for you! (and that is saying something!)
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi LV

Loved reading your post and feel very excited for you.

Shula x
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    I too love reading your posts and I am getting excited too.hope the thing with your mum lasts ,they can be a blessing Sometimes :!: Mig
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    it is lovely to read the updtates hun.. I am such a softy when it comes to babies....

Keep the updates coming mi dear, looking forward to hearing more.
    :!: :wink: :!:

Xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you everybody! I'll let you know how we all keep doing. They have been dancing this morning so things must be OK.

Sticky - my initial thought on reading your post was that Mr LV needs no help in developing excessive belly weight :lol: I could do the rugby ball bit though...and I have promised him he has chief carrying duties for the first few months. I intend to load him like a packhorse and go for a good walk.

Helen - I had just thought of the gloom angle so thank you, you are probably right and it could actually be a good thing! I wanted to do it all as naturally as possible and just use gas and air but the alternative is risking a general if something goes wrong and I need a c-section...really don't want to do that.

Barbara - we do know but it's a secret and I'm very happy with the flavours we've been given.

LV xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm another non-baby person, I never wanted any but now I am beginning to feel the odd twinge of excitement. I enjoy your posts, LV, I have no idea what a kicking child feels like but to have two pairs of feet and fists pounding away? Ye gods. :shock: I am wondering which will arrive first - and whether their current 'names' will be employed after! God bless the Ark Royal and the lovely pair that are sailing in her. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Sorry to be late on Lignumvitae

Fantastic news about the babies!!

I am so pleased all is going well :D

I had a planned ceasarian with epidural with the youngest. No problems at all.

So very pleased to hear your Mum is starting to respect you as a woman and a Mum :D

You take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I'm glad things are going well. Not too long to go now. It's nice that your mum has come round too. My daughter loved using her body pillow. Made her much more comfortable.
    Christine
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That all sounds brilliant LV :D
    I have had epidurals, but I didn't have a problematic spine, so my experiences are no use to you.
    I hope all continues to go well.
    Numpty
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    It's lovely to hear that all is going so well with your pregnancy, LV.

As a mother of twins, I know what a busy time you will have once your babies are born, but it's a real blessing to have two- double the work, but double the joy too :D

Take care, and good luck for the birth.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you everybody. I'm getting excited myself now :D , I can't wait to meet them (only I can because I want them to stay put and grow some more yet). I'm not a major children person :oops: but I'm hoping it will be different with my own! I guess with the epidural, I won't be the first or last dodgy spine to get one and its not like its administered by some random person off the street but by an anesthetist so they should know what to do!

Joan, I'm not sure I'm ready for just how busy but I am sure that there'll be lots of joy
    Love LV xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    LV..you will have many years of sheer joy... I do think that twins more so... watching them together, seeing how different there characters can be...and they always have someone to play with.... :D
    Love
    Barbara