Sometimes the toast lands jam side up

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 28. Jan 2013, 11:39 in Community Chit-chat archive
As some of you may know, Mr LV is an Aussie, we got married last January and promptly applied for a his leave to remain visa. Then we waited...and waited and waited. We tried everything, the three to six month period it was supposed to take came and went. He hasn't been able to work (hence all the DIY being done in the house) and we've been surviving on my wage alone. We have survived but with the very soon to arrive two mouths to feed and me going on Mat Leave for, I hope, 6 months, we were getting pretty scared. Terrified really, as to how we would cope.

We eventually, on the advice of our MP, requested our GP write a letter explaining our predicament and that I have arthritis so rushing back to work could be a problem for me. The letter was received by the Borders Agency on Monday.

Today a lovely courier turned up at the door with Mr LV's visa! We also got a letter saying that they had processed the visa already but it was in a queue waiting to be sent out (slightly annoying but hey). Some days you see, when you've given up hope and spent nights awake worrying, the toast does land jam side up! He still needs to get a job but at least he can try to do that now.

Happy days :D
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello LV,

We haven't spoken before, but just wanted to say...what wonderful news for you. Hope Mr LV finds a job soon :)

Catie
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi LV
    That is brilliant news and I can imagine how relieved you both are....x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is good news LV, I am pleased for all four of you. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Good to hear some lovely news on a cold snowy day , time to celebrate ! Jillyb
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    Great news, LV, but please ensure he cheers for the England cricket team from now on :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Great news LV. I'm sure you are both relieved and can relax now. Hope it's not long before Mr LV gets a job.
    Christine
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Yay! Congratulations. More good news for you this week. :D:D
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    Thank you everybody, it has been quite a week, only slightly tempered by my best friend splitting up with her other half last night (personally I put that in the something to celebrate category too but she doesn't just yet). We have been able to start Mr LV's application for a UK driving licence so my fears of having to drive to the hospital in labour and slowly receding.

Sticky - I tried to tell him that was a condition of the visa :lol:
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I laughed at SW comment because I was thinking something similar but didn't have the nerve to put it out there! :lol:
  • LignumVitae
    Options
    I made a condition of the marriage that he followed my football team...that backfired though because he's now obsessive about football and annoys the life out of me giving me my own personal commentary to every match that happens in the UK.
    I can't wait for the Ashes...we will win!
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sorry LV I missed this post :oops:
    I just want to add my congratulations to you both. That must be a huge weight off your mind.
    Numpty
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options
    Hello LV
    good i'm pleased for you i'm sure Mr LV will get a job he's seems very hard working
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry LV haven't been on all week, that's great news a big weight off your shoulders, hopefully something will come up on the job front soon especially as expenses will be going up soon once the little poppets arrive, also hopefully get the driving license sorted soon as well, really chuffed for you........................Marie xx :D
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi LV. Just wanted to add my congrats hun.. :D
    Hope he manages to sort some work out soon..

Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP