A Good Day!!

Options
Sparkys6887
Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
edited 21. Jan 2013, 22:04 in Living with Arthritis archive
Had been feeling down during the week. Had been due to start teaching again but really haven't felt well enough so decided to take the difficult decision and put it in hold till the med'a stabilizes my RA. It would have been a great help financially as we're pretty broke now and my step-twins need a computer to do their homework.

Anyway. The schools closed early yesterday so we went to the local park for some gentle sledging. Feeling it today but it was well worth it!!!

Also last night a really good friend gave me his childhood Action Men, which I collect. I felt like a kid for a few hours - sledging and Action Men. Bit of a shock to wake up in my granddads body though!!!

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The rarity of better days makes them even more special, yes? I'm glad you enjoyed your day (and the unexpected toy bonus) so take things a little easier today (let others do the sledging :wink: ) and I hope the meds start to do their thing soon. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sparkys6887
    Options
    Thanks DD. Days like that don't happen very often. was pleased to be able to make the most of the day.
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Sounds like you had a perfect day Sparky, good on you.

Wendy
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello sparky
    I was looking out the window yesterday and wishing I could have taken my GC sledging...so good for you..I am sorry you are getting payback but sometimes it is really worth it,
    An action man eh ...do you go to toy fairs...we do love to but very raely buy any just to look.
    You take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    So, you found your inner child, Mark :D - and then your outer pensioner :roll: Hey, as long as it was worth it, that's all that counts. It isn't just a matter of keeping the joints in good nick. The mental/emotional state has to have a lift from time to time too. I hope 'grandad' departs asap :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Sparkys6887
    Options
    Stickywicket. You made me giggle. Told my wife and she had a laugh too!!!

Hi Barbera. Yes I go to toy fairs when I can and when I have a little spare money!!! Vintage Action Men are my area of passion though i love any 1970's toys. Still wonder how many Action men are tucked away in corners of lofts. My friend said he was very pleased they would be out on display and me and the kids still play with them.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sparky you enjoy... there is something about old toys...we have some1950s board games and a dolls house...not sure about you but I love the colours...mind you I was born in 1950... :shock: there must be loads of action men around...they are indestructible.....
    Love
    Barbara
  • Sparkys6887
    Options
    Lol Barbera. Yes the colours, smell and textures for me. I had a very old monopoly with the card pieces and I loved it. Safely it got damaged in one of many house moves. Which games do you have? I bought my step-son a 70's game called tank command we both enjoy it though I think he would rather be on the Xbox!!!

In regard to Action Men. Some have started to fall apart due to plastic rot!!! Some the heads fall off and some head and arms. Luckily all but the really damaged ones I can restore. Wish I could get my hands on some of those just sitting in people's lofts wishing they would some day be played with again.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Sounds as if you had a really good day. Good for you. Payback's not so good but sometimes worth going through. Do you have a local Freecycle site? Maybe you could put a post on there asking for action men. I'm sure there are plenty lying in lofts.
    Christine
  • Sparkys6887
    Options
    Hi applerose. That's agreat idea now if everyone on here looks in their lofts too I could be on a roll. Lol

Still suffering though after the sledging. Feel a bit guilty as I've been a little grumpier than usual but I/we did have fun last Friday and the kids wanted me to go with them again on Sunday, I declined!!!!!