Pocket Duties for Monday 21 January 2013

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 22. Jan 2013, 05:28 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi There

Please can I have some little dwellers in my pocket for monday morning? Im off back to Wrightington to either see Arthroplasty Practitioner or Consultant...
Now 12 weeks post TKR and getting fair bit of pain on lateral sides, it also gave way in aldi this week and i nearly fell over, it clicks a lot and generally it seems to be quite grumbly....I also occasionally get burning sensations under kneecap...I dont know if any or all of this is normal, this is what I'm going to ask....

Hopefully the weather will be fine...We havent had an ounce of snow here in Kendal, my appointment is in Wigan...Dad is coming too..

Elainexx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear! You can do without the 'giving way' thing, Elaine. It's good that you'll be seeing someone in the know. I hope it can be sorted quickly and easily. Good luck!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I will be with you in your pocket, wrapped up warm with my MP3 listening to Matt Cardle as I am now and melting!! God I love that man!! You are lucky we have so much snow no one is going anywhere!! Hope you get positive news, let us know how it goes.
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Count me in , Elaine , will be bringing Betsy dog and Alfie cat for extra company . Jillyb
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I'll be there too, Elaine. Hope they can sort something out for you.

Susie :)
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Sticky

Yes I really thought those days were behind me but it seems not....I also walk and sometimes when i step forward with mhy operated leg it kind of moves more than it should do resulting in me jolting forward and nearly losing balance.....We shall see what they say...

Elainexx
    Oh dear! You can do without the 'giving way' thing, Elaine. It's good that you'll be seeing someone in the know. I hope it can be sorted quickly and easily. Good luck!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Ah thanks Bubba...I did hear a Matt Cardle song other day and it didnt sound like him at all....Im listening to Will Young right now, I like him!
    We have got zero snow, not so much as a big flake at all....

Will update you on monday...

Elainexx
    bubbadog wrote:
    I will be with you in your pocket, wrapped up warm with my MP3 listening to Matt Cardle as I am now and melting!! God I love that man!! You are lucky we have so much snow no one is going anywhere!! Hope you get positive news, let us know how it goes.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Jilly, Betsy and Alfie...lol

Elainexx
    jillyb1 wrote:
    Count me in , Elaine , will be bringing Betsy dog and Alfie cat for extra company . Jillyb
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Susie

Well maybe they can tell me if its the norm or not...Hope so and say its just the healing process....

Elainexx
    Susiesoo wrote:
    I'll be there too, Elaine. Hope they can sort something out for you.

Susie :)
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Elaine I am at my little hospital has I call it having back injections....but I will be with you in spirit...I hope it all goes well..xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Barbara...You there too do you mean? Dad said he wasn't hoping to be back as soon no matter how nice the toasted teacakes there are>

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Elaine I am at my little hospital has I call it having back injections....but I will be with you in spirit...I hope it all goes well..xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry, Elaine I am at my little local hospital just tens min away....then i should get an appointment from Wrightington ....
    Love
    Barbara
  • Mutley1964
    Mutley1964 Member Posts: 19
    Options
    I hope you've got a big pocket Elaine cos there's quite a few of us :-)
    Sorry to hear your having problems but at least your off to see the man who should know what's going on. Really hope it's nothing too serious but equally, the sooner you find out, the sooner something can be done about whatever the problem is. My knee "buckles" but I've been told this is due to it not straightening properly at the moment. ( Have already posted an update!) have also had intense pain in the bone just below the knee on the inside so my mind is now working overtime as to why this is happening! I'm my own worst enemy I think :-) Anyway, good luck for Monday, write down EVERYTHING that is concerning you in case you forget while in there to mention it and keep us posted with an update! X
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm Sorry things aren't as they should be Elaine.
    I'll be in your pocket on Monday.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Ah right Barbara, got you! Good luck then for your appointment too!

Elainexx
    barbara12 wrote:
    Sorry, Elaine I am at my little local hospital just tens min away....then i should get an appointment from Wrightington ....
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Mutley!

Yes my dad says i can sometimes worry too much about little things, but the pain is back and the buckling aint what I expected, but Im not sure, if there's a rational reason for why its happening I will be satisifed...Maybe its like you said the knee isnt straightening properly?
    I will get answers monday!

Elainexx
    Mutley1964 wrote:
    I hope you've got a big pocket Elaine cos there's quite a few of us :-)
    Sorry to hear your having problems but at least your off to see the man who should know what's going on. Really hope it's nothing too serious but equally, the sooner you find out, the sooner something can be done about whatever the problem is. My knee "buckles" but I've been told this is due to it not straightening properly at the moment. ( Have already posted an update!) have also had intense pain in the bone just below the knee on the inside so my mind is now working overtime as to why this is happening! I'm my own worst enemy I think :-) Anyway, good luck for Monday, write down EVERYTHING that is concerning you in case you forget while in there to mention it and keep us posted with an update! X
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    I'll be there too if thats ok. Charlie dog will not be accompanying me this time though, loads of snow here and he's curled up in front of the fire and he is refusing to move :lol: so just me this time, all wrapped up and ready to brace the weather.

Dee x
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    I'll be there xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • pegleg
    pegleg Member Posts: 139
    Options
    Sorry to read your post :o , best of luck on Monday , hope you get some answers and your knee is ok , will be thinking of you , take care xx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I can be there all wrapped up warm. Hope the appointment goes well and you get some answers.
    Christine
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks Dee...Charlie does right keeping warm.....We haven't had so much as a snowflake here in kendal...

Elainexx
    I'll be there too if thats ok. Charlie dog will not be accompanying me this time though, loads of snow here and he's curled up in front of the fire and he is refusing to move :lol: so just me this time, all wrapped up and ready to brace the weather.

Dee x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Thanks LV..Budge up folks!

Elainexx
    I'll be there xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Pegleg

Im either gonna feel like a hypochondriac or will feel there is teething issues..

Elainexx
    pegleg wrote:
    Sorry to read your post :o , best of luck on Monday , hope you get some answers and your knee is ok , will be thinking of you , take care xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi applerose

Im sure they will tell me either way if its normal or not...Hoping its not the latter...

Elainexx
    applerose wrote:
    I can be there all wrapped up warm. Hope the appointment goes well and you get some answers.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Elaine

Count me in for tomorrow, keeping fingers crossed that there is nothing sinister happening and just part of the healing process, keep us posted how you go................tc..............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Good luck Elaine. I will be in your pocket,

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein