ESR INFLAMATRY BLOOD RATES

mike26
mike26 Member Posts: 416
edited 21. Jan 2013, 14:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
HI all

am i right in saying that esr bloods rates are 15 for women and 20 for men. in normal (low).

only ive been looking at mine and my card reads 47, 73, 71, 73, 59.
am i right in saying that these are high.?
any help welcome thanks mike26.. :roll:

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Mike
    Just to say if I was you , I would put this in LWA..you do get more people looking in there...although weekends are quiet...good Luck
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've no idea, Mike, but I agree with Barbara. You'll get more response from LWA.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Hiya,

Typically higher in women and higher as you age, but yes yours are high. Mind you whan I had my infection mine were over 100!
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Hi Mike

Yes, thats high mine have been up at 80 before and the doctor I spoke to said that normal was around 8/9 I am female late 50's...........Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Can anyone ever define normal? Maybe suitable is a better term? ESR and CRP rise for a number of reasons, I was once told that the ideal was zero and since being on the humira/meth combo mine have not risen above 5 - and have sometimes even been too small to measure. Mind you, in my bad old days they were routinely in the 160s. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Its my crp that is abnormal, havnt a clue what it all means but I am sure I will start to find out. As for normal, are any of us normal :lol:

Wendy x
  • brightlinda
    brightlinda Member Posts: 16
    My esr has risen recently going from 30s to 69 although I have not noticed a dramatic worsening of my condition (psoriatic rheumatoid arthritis) . However I have just been diagnosed with a fibula fracture so I have extreme pain from that; I assume the two are not linked. All the best Linda