Broken Boiler Argh!!!

Options
Sparkys6887
Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
edited 21. Jan 2013, 08:01 in Living with Arthritis archive
Can't believe this ten days ago our BT broadband and phone stopped working and because it's the 'network' it's going to take till Tuesday before its fixed. Then last night our boiler broke so no got water or heating!!! Due to my neuro condition I can't feel temperatures and my body can't keep itself warm!! We have one small fan heater and I'm sat with my hat, coat and scarf on. Had hypothermia before and don't want it again!!!

Just hope the plumber can fix it ASAP.

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you get it fixed as soon as possible.(()) mig
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    That is bad news! Bad timing too with this atrocious weather.
    I really hope you manage to get it fixed soon.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope you get your boiler fixed quickly. It's really horrible being cold like that. Can you go somewhere warm for a while, a friend's maybe?
    Christine
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hi Sparky

I am sorry to hear about your boiler, I to have a neuro condition that affects my sensory nerves so can relate to what you are feeling, as applerose said are there no friends or family you can stay with till your boilers fixed, hope you get sorted out soon..............Marie x
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Sparkys

They were on about boilers on radio 2 last week things that can go wrong....Rotten luck isn't it? Can you invest in some hot water bottles to keep you warm or get one of those slanket things that emcompasses your whole body? Be worth it till you get mr plumber out...
    Good luck hope you keep well till its fixed...

Elainexx
    Can't believe this ten days ago our BT broadband and phone stopped working and because it's the 'network' it's going to take till Tuesday before its fixed. Then last night our boiler broke so no got water or heating!!! Due to my neuro condition I can't feel temperatures and my body can't keep itself warm!! We have one small fan heater and I'm sat with my hat, coat and scarf on. Had hypothermia before and don't want it again!!!

Just hope the plumber can fix it ASAP.
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,947
    Options
    Hello Sparky
    cant you get out of hour's help. i know how it feels it happened to us last year.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    That's really tough luck. The broadband/phone thing is annoying but the boiler would be a serious matter even without your neurological condition. Can you buy, beg, borrow or steal one or two electric heaters? We keep a couple just in case.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh no, that's awful. Are there relatives with whom you can 'shelter'? No hot water is tough when you have young children - and for your health you need a good source of heat. Roll on Tuesday, yes? Take care and please keep as warm as you can, however youcan. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Sparkys6887
    Sparkys6887 Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Thanks for your replies everyone. The boiler broke again after the plumber had been. Luckily I watched what he did and was able to fix it. It's still working so fingers crossed!
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Oh dear, there's never a 'best' time for things to go wrong, as we all know, but it's the last thing you need at the moment. Have just had a friend who has had the same problem but has now managed to get it fixed. Hope your repair has worked ok. Have lots of hot drinks, think they help a bit. Beryl