lovely wax lady

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 25. Jan 2013, 17:09 in Community Chit-chat archive
well with chemo i get 8 free treatments the one this time was my feet. son got me wax bath for xmas to help with arthiritis so had nice chat with lady doing feet, she gave me loads of great tips on how and what to use it was amazing and so helpful.
the best tip was for knee as had explained how it hurts in hip and was difficult to treat so she explained to use foil place behind make sure the wax not to hot then paint on with paint brush about 8 layers wrap in foil and then towel leave for while and peal off that the fun bit great feeling. so if you have wax bath and bad knees have a go just remember it paraffin wax so can go up in flames easy no naked flames (smoking) near it. have fun val
val

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    valval wrote:
    just remember it paraffin wax so can go up in flames easy no naked flames (smoking) near it. have fun val

:shock: I think I'll pass on that, Val. However, I do remember the - very similar - mud treatment at the old Royal Bath Hospital in Harrogate. They slapped the hot mud between two towels and laid it over whatever bit you were having treated at the time. To be honest, I doubt if it did any good at all but it did feel lovely and soothing.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Val I am glad you have enjoyed it, must have been lovely and relaxing on the feet, I have never tried wax on my hand but I am tempted.
    You take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Thanks for that tip Val. I've often wondered how to get my knees in the wax bath :oops: I would never have thought of "painting" the wax on.
    Wishing you well,
    Numpty
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    I did a beauty course and we were taught to paint the wax on with a paintbrush. 2 or 3 layers and then pop a plastic bag over the hands or feet. Foil will do just as well. Just be careful the wax isn't too hot. It is a lovely treatment.
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Oooh lovely Val :D

I love peeling off peely face masks so am sure I would LOVE chunking the wax off :wink:

Hope it feels good on the joints too

love

Toni xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    it feels great not done knees yet got to get paint brush usually can find loads but when want one all vanished sods law yes be carefull it not to hot hands were great for couple of days after did them :D
    val
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    This sounds lovely well worth a try.
    My daughter did a beauty course and did hair removal using wax so she has a hot wax heater for hair removal, does anyone know if this is the same as this?
    I will google to see but I have faith in the peeps here so may get an answer quicker then hunting the web.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • applerose
    Options
    Yes you can use that one. Just make sure you clean the pot and use parafin wax rather than hair removal wax. or you could buy a new pot so you have one for each type of wax.
    Christine
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    Hello applerose,
    Thank you I will look out for parafin wax and give it a go.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • applerose
    Options
    You're welcome. I get mine from Sally/Salonserve.
    Christine