NO RESPECT

deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 21. Jan 2013, 09:47 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi all....son came to visit today with his partner and my soooo cute granddaughter (lots of cuddles) and as he was leaving I was waving through the window when he stopped and waved me out. Someone has hit my hubbys car!!! We have had loads of snow and our culdesac is terrible and smeone has obviously skidded into it but not had the decency to let us know.It has put a small crease in the wing and passenger door and taken the paint off (left some red paint on our black car) There is a big red taxi people carrier thing that parks up the road that has a newly scuffed bumper but with no witnesses what can you do. Hubby is at work today (in the van) so he is blissfully unaware of this (watch out for the firworks around 6.30pm in Derbyshire :o ) Luckily my son is a body repairer and his friend owns a garage and between them can sort it out but that's not the point.

Dee x

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Oh Dee
    This is awful, wouldn't you have thought they would have owned up,I just hope it doesn't get too nasty.
    Love
    Barbara
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    I would have had to let them know if I had hit someones car....you sort of expect it in this weather so it can be forgiven and sorted amicably if the person who has done it owns up. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I'd done it and not told. Oh well thats the way of the world nowadays I suppose, Dee x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    You tell the police!!

They can find out if it was that car which hit yours.

I am so sorry.

Some people - I hope it hasn't spoiled your day :(

love

Toni xx
  • rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    I agree with Toni, get the Police involved, it's a criminal act of dishonesty.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I'm with the others. If they get away with it once they have every incentive to try another time. I once nudged a parked car in my very early driving years. I just left a note on the windscreen.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Dee

Well first of all even though its horrible this happened its just a spot of luck youv'e got someone who works in a bodyshop and can fix this for you...
    I remember when my dad had his THR 9 years ago and we live in a cul-de-sac. It was december but it wasn't snowy or bad visibility we came back from hospital in my dad's audi and my fiesta which had been parked in the street as we had aids for my dad and district nurse in tow too, there was a big bash in the boot of the fiesta...I was fuming and reckon it was one of the school mums as we live near a primary school....Anyhow after id calmed down took it to a local bodyshop, a fella looked at it, quoted £300 to fix then looked at it again, thumped it and ping the bash came out without breaking the paintwork...I was glad but he was maybe sick as he did himslef out of a wee job...
    Your'e right it is respect, or lack of it for other people's property...

Elainexx
    Hi all....son came to visit today with his partner and my soooo cute granddaughter (lots of cuddles) and as he was leaving I was waving through the window when he stopped and waved me out. Someone has hit my hubbys car!!! We have had loads of snow and our culdesac is terrible and smeone has obviously skidded into it but not had the decency to let us know.It has put a small crease in the wing and passenger door and taken the paint off (left some red paint on our black car) There is a big red taxi people carrier thing that parks up the road that has a newly scuffed bumper but with no witnesses what can you do. Hubby is at work today (in the van) so he is blissfully unaware of this (watch out for the firworks around 6.30pm in Derbyshire :o ) Luckily my son is a body repairer and his friend owns a garage and between them can sort it out but that's not the point.

Dee x