Weather !!!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 23. Jan 2013, 09:08 in Community Chit-chat archive
I know there is nothing we can do about the weather we had the floods at Christmas now we have the snow. Everyone is busy chatting about their cars heating bills checking on friends and neighbours troubles seem to have been put on the back burner for a while. Before the snow I only ever heard about illness coughs colds, flu, novovirus, persistent coughs that were lasting for weeks on end. We live in a strange old world roll on spring at least the snowdrops have flowered in my garden.

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I love the snow and don't mind it in the slightest. Yes, it's a nuisance for getting about in but if you dress sensibly, wear sensible footwear and drive sensibly all will be well. I went up to rheumatology this morning an dit was amazing how many people were wearing their ordinary footwear or trainers, no wonder they were skidding all over the place. Me? I wore my wellies (good grip) and had my ice-spiked crutches to hand. I would have chucked a snowball at 'im indoors but he wasn't in the right mood.

One good thing about this cold snap however; it may kill off all the bugs and germs that have been circulating, now that would be a good thing. You have your snowdrops already? We might but as they are covered with a chilly white blanket I can't see 'em ! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    I love snow and I love driving in it, I've been busy taking my nipper up to ridding in Ipsden heath, thing is snow is OK so long as you know how to deal with it, there's 3 ways to the Black Horse and two were impassable one single track 1 in 10 hill had a car bent up at the bottom with a landRover on it but the 3rd way was by also a single track road but the slope is shallow so isn't a problem, snow melting here now sadly but hey ho soon spring will be here and we will have the pot holes and floods to cheer us all up!.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    I'm another snow lover. It's still coming down, very fine, here and looks lovely. It transforms the utterly mundane into something breathtakingly beautiful. I know our daffs were starting to poke their noses through the earth but they can handle it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Still snowing here!

Glad most of us are enjoying it at least....drive carefully mell :? )

and Sticky - it even makes Cannock look lovely :wink:

Kids off school today and tomorrow so they are happy too.

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I hate snow!! Looks nice for a couple of days, but now I want it to go so I can go out! Well the freezing weather and more snow is surpose to last for the rest of the month so I just have to get used to it!! :(
  • wendgro
    wendgro Member Posts: 296
    Options
    Hey Toni I too live not far from" The Chase" one of the splendours of Staffordshire
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    My GCs school was only closed for one day...but they did build a brilliant snowman....must say I go back to being a kid when the snow falls... :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    The snow here in Brighton was beautiful and quite deep as we're on top of the downs . It began to thaw and I was pleased it was going as I've been shut indoors ( wheelchair and snow ~ not a good mix ) , alas it wasn't to be , the snow returned late afternoon and is already about 6" deep again . So much for my trip down to the beach ! Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    We had heavy snow all last night, I stopped early this morning and then started again around 10am this morning very heavy! Had to warn OH at work! It caused all sorts of trouble for the neighbours getting stuck driving up & down the road! It seems to have stopped and has started sleeting now! I will be soooo pleased when it goes!! :(
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    wendgro wrote:
    Hey Toni I too live not far from" The Chase" one of the splendours of Staffordshire

Wow Wendy!!!

Does that mean you will be having your op somewhere near me???

The chase looks amazing just at the moment, but why is it STILL snowing?? and why do they never mention us on the news? :(

Toni xxx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Wendy
    the snow look's good when it's falling but then you get fed up with it. we can't get out on our scoota's its a good job we have a big garden for the dogs.
    take care everyone
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx