Only a few weeks now !!!

Options
wendgro
wendgro Member Posts: 296
edited 22. Jan 2013, 05:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
My hospital appt for my knee revision is getting closer now 25th Feb after the past few weeks it will seem like a holiday. With the floods and now snow haven't been out for ages thank goodness for Tesco Del; without it I would be lost. My husband had a bad bleed in his eye being a diabetic this does happen although this time it's taken his vision alsmost completely. so no driving I haven't driven for 7yrs with all my hip and knee problems so we have been really restricted we do live quite isolated 7 miles from shops etc. Relying on others is very frustrating so when I have my knee done I am going to try and take up driving again.They say it's like riding a bike you never forget hope so Wendy

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Wendy it will soon be here, and then hopefully you will be driving very soon.
    Your poor hubby, honestly these things are sent to test us...has though you haven't enough on.
    Please remind us nearer the time them we can all do pocket duties.
    Take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear, you have both had a very trying time, haven't you? It is indeed not long before your knee, then there'll be the recovery hiatus but I am sure you will be able to drive again at the end of it, just in time for summer and lots of lovely trips out! Good luck with it all, Wendgro, and I hope your husband is not doing too badly. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hello Wendy

Really good to hear you being positive in the face of so much going on. All the best for 25 Feb.

Glad to hear you had your Tesco delivery; mine was supposed to come this afternoon but has been cancelled due to the snow. Good job I have a Plan B!

Shula
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Not long at all, Wendgro. It's been a long haul for you. Won't it be lovely if you can drive again? Just as the better weather starts too. I do hope all goes well this time.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Will be here before you know it Wendgro, yes, and make sure you remind us nearer the time, gosh you are a pair of wee souls at the moment hopefully things will be better soon and you will soon have your independence back once things settle down after the op, hope you are snug and warm................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,471
    Options
    Not long now Wendy :)

I can't wait on your behalf!!

What a great idea taking up driving again - any worries you could always have a couple of 'lessons'???

Love

Toni xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Wendy, The time will fly by to February25th! You are such a trooper to deal with everything that's happened to your family and at the sametime to decide to start driving again. I'm sure once you've had alittle go it will all come back to you. And you will be driving here and there! The freedom of the road! Do ask for pocket duties closer to Feb 25th and I'll bounce into your pocket! :)