Air conditioning, work and Ra

Options
diddle
diddle Member Posts: 14
edited 22. Jan 2013, 01:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
I would just like to say a big thankyou to all that responded to my first post yesterday, because u were so helpful thought I would pick your experiences again.
I have to work full time, I have to as must of us for the money, but wondered if anybody knew of anyone with RA had problems with air conditioning.
I original sat over one side of the office away from the AC, but then my manager decided he was going to move me directly under the AC that was in the Monday, on the Wednesday I was really sick with flu, chest infection ear infection. Perhaps a coincidence I don't know, been sick since have emailed my work who have now moved me again, still under the AC but does not blow on me !!! . When I sat on the other side if the room I had no
Problems, has anyone else had any problems at work??
Many thanks
Diddle xx

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I haven't done paid work for some time but I'd guess that any system that circulates hot or cold air could potentially also be circulating bugs. We all know the recycled air in planes is notorious for that. Proving it, however, could be difficult. Could you ask not to sit near it or would that not be feasible?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • diddle
    Options
    Hi sticky
    I sent a complaint and they have moved me to the other side of the desk saying it does not blow on me. Which is rubbish still sitting under it.
    It can't be good for you I just wondered if anyone else had any problems with the same thing or is it just me looking for someone or something to blame.
    Thanks Sticky
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Have you asked other people at work if they've noticed anything? Being on meth, it's more likely to affect you worse than them but I'd have thought anyone could be affected by it.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • diddle
    Options
    Hi sticky, there was lots of colds and coughs about the office but nothing like I have, it does not seem to bother them x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hmmmm. You're not like the rest of 'em 'cos I reckon it's very likely that you are the only one on immuno-suppressant meds. Your bosses may need a little educating about life with RA but for the time being that can wait. Are you having to work at the moment despite your current health troubles? I would like to think you've been signed off but, being self-employed, I don't know if that's the case. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • diddle
    Options
    Hi dream yes I am signed off till next Monday, but I don't get sick pay just statuary, which is such a pain as then u worry about not earning