Fibula fracture

Options
brightlinda
brightlinda Member Posts: 16
edited 22. Jan 2013, 06:29 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, You may recall my post a fortnight ago where I suspected a stress fracture of my fibula, I visited my Gp who advised the use of an ice pack 4 times a day for a week; needless to say a week later I returned to the Gp for the next stage of diagnosis thankfully he thought my suggestion of an X-ray was excellent, my appointment was last Tuesday and today I received confirmation that yes I do have a fracture. I now await the phone call from the fracture clinic as regards to the next step to my rehabilitation. I am hoping that the orthopaedic consultant can give some valuable advice regarding avoiding this condition becoming a recurring feature in my
life. This is the first time I have had such a fracture and with hitting the big 50 today I would have to say I am a little concerned. The last fortnight has been a nightmare this is pain like no other. Lastly thanks to everyone who replied to my last post, your comments are always a great comfort. All the best on blue Monday Linda.

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry, I don't remember your earlier post about this, Linda :oops: , but I don't see why it should be a recurring problem just because you're 50. You don't have osteoporosis do you? Do you know how it happened?

I do think the orthopaedic chap will be a good person to ask though.

And congratulations on hitting your half century :)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • brightlinda
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. I am not aware of osteoporosis and the fracture occurred whilst I was shopping( not carrying heavy bags) and was not the result of any trauma although my foot is not a perfect physical specimen with a little deformity.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    My feet are far from perfect but that's never happened to me :o Do discuss it with the ortho. I guess sometimes these things just happen for no obvious reason but, in your place, I, too, would want to know what preventative measures I could take. Please let's know how you get on.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I remember your earlier post and although it's not necessarily good news that your supposition was correct at least you now kinow what you are up against. I hope you and the ortho chappie are able to have a good chat about this and that he can tell you why this has happened and (hopefully) suggest some preventative measures for the future. Please let us know how you get on and many congratulations for your birthday yesterday, I hope you were able to enjoy your day despite this ongoing problem. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • brightlinda
    Options
    Hi everyone, Another day and the latest news is I have an appointment at the fracture clinic on Friday. I assume the Nhs is under pressure due to weather conditions. I just hope that I finally get this sorted. All the best Linda.