Pocket duties

Options

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well folks I didnt get the diagnosis I wanted, was really hoping this was inflammatory(sound mad), but at least I would have been put on medication to help and would have accepted . moved on, and got back to work.

Rheumatologist has now added Fibromyalgia to the the list but sais GP has made right decision to send me to a neurologist as there is definate nerve damage going on, he actually tested my reflexes I didnt jump at wrist or feet, infact feet felt numb and tingly. Its strange but I can only describe the feeling I have in hands and feet as, when you have been out on a freezing day and yoy come into a warm house(the heating up) feeling, tingling. However, rheumi did strartle me by saying, he is very suspicious and asked me to ask neuro for a full report but he doesnt think its MS? That has never entered my head!!! Dont see neuro till 4th March but will await hospital letter and see of there are any cancellations, my family called 111 and took me to walk in on Thursday as I have another episode? they have been told directly that they have to call 999 from now on if this happens again only reason emergency doc didnt admit me into hospital on Thursday was because I was deeing rheumi on the Friday. Worried now as will have been on sick 6 weeks when I see neuro so really hoping he gets the ball rolling and diagnoses this prioer to 12 weeks warning point at work.

Wendy xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wendy
    Aww its does on and on for you, I know what you mean about having a proper diagnosis.
    I do hope they get you a cancellation before March...you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Wendy, I was in the same boat when I worked and was waiting on a diagnoisis for what was going on with my health. They ended up firing by letter! I doubt your employee's ever do that anybody elses to say the truth!!! I hope you will get an answer soon, You keep calling appt's department everyday asking for any cancellations, I do that when I'm waiting for a cancellation appt. It works!! I think it's because they get sick of hearing your voice!! Take care and good luck!
  • wall1409
    Options
    Thanks Barbara and Bubba

Its so hard trying to deal with this and work worries, I try talking to hubby but all I get is wait and see what happens but deep down dont think I am going to be back to my normal self, odd have had this knack of knowing when something just isnt right and usually am correct and I have this same feeling about this, I dont want to leave it to the point I lose my job and my home as its in my name only due to hubby having a house in zero equity he just cant sell. I would rather sell this house, pay off morgage and rent a bunglaow at least that way I dont have to worry about mounting debt.

Wendy xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wendy you keep talking to us, its so hard with family.... like you I feel guilty keep telling my hubby about my pains....I really do wish you well,and hopefully things will get sorted, I agree that it would be better for you to take control and do what you have to do about your house, at least you wouldn't have the worry .
    Don't forget we don't mind you getting all this out it will help you get things right in your head.
    you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Hi Wendy,

I am sorry, somehow I missed this thread. (slapped wrists administered) You have really been going through it. I am not surprised you are all up and down. It is like that when you don't really know what is going on.

Try not to worry about the work stuff - easier said than done I know.

So, belatedly, I am sending you some hugs ((()))

Love Helen
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I can see where both you and your OH are coming from re moving, Wendy. Is he fully aware of your reasons for wanting to do it sooner rather than later? Even so, it might be worth hanging on and getting a proper diagnosis rather than jumping in too quickly. Definitely a tricky one, though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Wendy. Sorry to hear you are having a tough time and hope that everything will improve for you as soon as possible. Am thinking of you and sending you gentle ((())) Beryl.
  • wall1409
    Options
    Over the moon and scared but at least its sooner than I thought. Thanks to Rheumi my appointment with neurologist has been brought forward from 4th March to a week tomorrow 6th Feb, scared as I now know rheumi's suspicians were obviously worrying hence rushed appointment, but at least tests will get done and hopefully diagnosis and correct treatment.

Wendy xx
  • frogmella
    Options
    I am glad your appointment is so soon, it means less time to worry about all the what ifs. I will be in your pocket for this appt, promise. Try not to worry too much. (())
  • wall1409
    Options
    Yippe

I live in a village and although I have been advised I should not be left alone due to recent TIA/FIT? I am so fed up with sitting looking at four walls so contacted arriva and explained my situaltion and the fact I cant walk outside and now have to use a zimmer indoors but I have a small mobility scooter I use. They want me to meet them at my local bus stop next Thursday and do an assessment to see if I can get scooter safely on and and off their bus using ramps, if so I can use their service, I hope I pass, I'm not used to this sitting around malarky its so annoying even when we run out of something and I have to rely on either hubby or daughter bringing it in after work and I ts putting a strain on my marriage husband flew off the handle with me last night I was upset as he wasnt sure if he could get time off to take me to neurology appointment but then came home telling me he is going to an aunt(who I havnt even heard of) funeral same day as neuro appointment and he doesnt want to be stuck at hospital with me.
  • frogmella
    Options
    Glad you might be able to get out on the bus. But I am sorry to hear about things with hubby. I hope he will go with you.
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Wendy

Just caught up with this thread. How are things today? Sending you all the good wishes I have available, to you and your family.

Shula
  • wall1409
    Options
    Thanks folks. I really feel like I am on my own with this at home. I want to talk but they dont, daughter does listen were hubby just nods and aggrees, he exploded with me last night and said its all about me to which I replied try putting yourself in my shoes and see how you deal with it. If it was him going through this I would be there for him and also be worried sick but he seems like a total stranger to me. I have now asked him to go to his mams for a while as its bad enough me trying to think positive without all this going on but I know he wont, he told me last night I would need the police to remove him, my daughter just keeps out of it, they get on better than me and him do currently its as if I am not part of their group anymore. I really feel like selling up and buying a lodge on a residential site and to hell with them to be honest then at least I wouldnt have the financial burden of paying this morgage if I lose my job through ill health. Sorry I know its a moan but I really dont know why he is acting like this.
  • wall1409
    Options
    Sat here waiting for the ambulance to collect me, wouldnt it be great if Neuro said, yes its this that and here's some meds to get you back to normal. Work can jog on as I am not rushing back after 3 weeks off no meds to stop this and with the cognitive impairment I have I would be on a warning for not doing job right so swivel to them. Hope your all having a good day and pain is under hand, got a book to read for company and plenty of coins for cups of tea..

Wendy xx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    It sounds as if you've got everything right for this appointment, Wendy, including your attitude to work. That's right. Your health must come first. The rest will follow. I hope your lift arrives soon.
    Steven Wright
  • wall1409
    Options
    So do I Sticky and thanks, tummy is starting to turn into knots, why do we all get nervouse even for first appointments when we should be used to this by now. :roll:

Wendy x
  • wall1409
    Options
    Well I'm back. Plus point Neuro couldnt see signs of brain damage my coordination isnt good or my muscle tone. Next step is a scan of the brain and neck and a peripheal nerve test to have a look at them, he couldnt tell me if the episodes I have had were a fit or a mini stroke until tests are done and he believes the cognitive impairment could simply be down to stress over the changes in my condition so it may not be permanent and he will give me meds to try and stop the pins n needles/ electric shocks feeling so I can sleep but meds will make me extremely drowsy so couldnt go to work if I wanted to.

Wendy x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am so pleased you have been to see them and I apologise for not posting before now: I've had a poorly Mr DD to deal with.

So, there is some good news and the prospect of more tests. Those may be daunting (if not a nuisance :wink: ) but hopefully they will be able to show what's what and what isn't. I hope the new meds help you to get something like restful sleep and that may help you to feel better in yourself. Did the bus experiment work? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wall1409
    Options
    Couldnt believe it, was on toilet at hospital and mobile vibrated , was only bus driver saying he was so sorry but ended up in wrong place, near Durham!. I explained it was arranged for Thurday at 11am as was at hospital today, but then started to question myself (as we do)and he realised and said, oh, double blunder, so sorry but will try and do it Friday at 1..Bless him, he's a driver trainer doesnt know where I live and forgets what he's doing, wonder if he should join this forum :lol: DD so funny but it took the edge of seeing Neuro.

Wendy xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah, bless him for getting in touch! I know all about thinking we've blooped when in fact it's another person's fault. :roll: We just assume it's us, don't we? Good luck for the next trial run - I hope it works for you. If I could cross my fingers I would. :wink: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • wall1409
    Options
    Bless you DD, I can cross my big toeon right foot with toe next to it but nothing else works so I found out today , neuro asked me to do a sort of quick foot to toe in front of other, I almost fell over :lol: good job he wasnt a bobby or breathalizer would have came out :lol:

Wendy x
  • wall1409
    Options
    Well now I am confused, my boss was so helful and I was allowed to homework for 2 months prior now t having no choice but to take sick leave as my concentration is going and if I make mistakes in my job they take action. I am now being referred as an urgency to OCC health station I can no longer do my job abd they cant support me homeworking full time but only on a 40 per cent level so I would have to travle into work even though they know I would have to use a 2 trains and buy power chair to do this!! as my mobililty scooter is not allowed on trains and no way do I have muscle strength enough to wheel myself. I have never been on any warnings I have had sick leave in the past due to all of this happening to my body but never hit any red levels so why now?

Wendy
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I can't help with work-related stuff but maybe it'd be better either to put it on the 'Working matters' forum and / or start a separate thread on here.
    Steven Wright
  • wall1409
    Options
    Thanks Sticky

I have spoken to ACAS to get clued up and pretty sure now I am very safe, work are just trying bully tactics.

Wendy x