bad day

Options
christinac47
christinac47 Member Posts: 102
edited 24. Jan 2013, 17:47 in Living with Arthritis archive
i am in so much pain as i have done to much housework and cleaned my stair 3 flight of them and over did it . pain is runing around my back round my left side down my left leg to my knee have taken tramadol 100mg
and have to go to work with a happy face and not utter a word about the pain to anyone as my manegers are talking about thats all i talk about so down about this as i cant help it.i do my word and they know this .just fed up with myself

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Pacing ourselves is something we all have to do and all fall foul of at times. Trying to juggle pain and work must be very difficult. What meds are you on? Might a change help?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    We all know what you mean about work
    I only hope they suffer the pain you have then hopefully they will know what you are going through!
    Theres a saying I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy :roll:
    Not me I wish it on my worst enemy and thats my boss :wink:
    Are you on any other medication for pain?
    Do you have a supportive GP mine is and it makes all the differance
    Take care
    Maria
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Aww we are all guilty of overdoing things, but at least I am retied, I do hope you can rest when home from work, take care x
    PS I don't think we have met...so a warm, welcome from me ..
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Stairs - ye gods, I only have two flights and that's enough. You 've overdone it and no mistake so bear that in mind when they next need doing. One flight a day or every alternate day might be the answer. Over the years I have aquired three vacuums, one on each floor, to save lugging them up and down: could that be an option for you? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • christinac47
    Options
    I'm sorry you're in so much pain. Pacing ourselves is something we all have to do and all fall foul of at times. Trying to juggle pain and work must be very difficult. What meds are you on? Might a change help?
    hi stickywicket am on tramadol 200g a day and parasetmol
  • christinac47
    Options
    hi everyone thankyou for your warm welcome that is the thing people dont understand how hard it is to cope with this kind of pain six people stay in my close but the lady next door has not done the stairs at all but will need to put a piont on saying she has to take a turn
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    I'm sorry you are in so much pain
    Thats something we all do at one time or other.......we forget to pace ourselves. Then we have payback the next day. Thats not bad if you havent paced yourself and its something nice :wink: But housewor...thats a different matter :roll: Do try and pace yourself a bit more.
    I'm lucky that I dont have to go to work but still feel the housework has to be done so its a matter of doing it a bit at a time.

Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options

You're on Tramadol and you are cleaning stairs...? Can you get some help with the cleaning?
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi just checking how you are doing today....better I hope..must say I didnt get along with tramadol, mind you I didn't give them much of a chance.
    You take care and I hope you have managed to get some sleep.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Have only just seen this. I wanted to say sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I do hope the tramadol helped. We all do it. We never learn, well at least I dont for one. And then you had to go to work, you poor thing. I do hope that today is being a better day for you, and hope that you made sure you rested until work starts.
    Karen xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Christina. I know the feeling only too well. I've also had a fairly 'busy' morning with chores and am now suffering for my sins! Decided to try and re-organise my kitchen and put things where they are easy to get at and/or reach, to try and make life easier. I have OA with my back affected so any bending down, reaching up or stretching are extremely painful. However, as I am retired I can sit and rest as and when I wish and I feel for you having to go to work and endure the endless pain. If only other people knew what it was like.

Take care. Beryl
  • christinac47
    Options
    salamander wrote:

You're on Tramadol and you are cleaning stairs...? Can you get some help with the cleaning?
    i am afraid not as everyone is working too
  • christinac47
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi just checking how you are doing today....better I hope..must say I didnt get along with tramadol, mind you I didn't give them much of a chance.
    You take care and I hope you have managed to get some sleep.x
    thankyou all so much for your kind words my pain has went away i take the slow release ones and it stop me from getting hi on them
  • christinac47
    Options
    constable wrote:
    Have only just seen this. I wanted to say sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I do hope the tramadol helped. We all do it. We never learn, well at least I dont for one. And then you had to go to work, you poor thing. I do hope that today is being a better day for you, and hope that you made sure you rested until work starts.
    i did rest thankyou and i am feeling better just as well i dont want my work to complain to me thats all i need
  • christinac47
    Options
    Hi Christina. I know the feeling only too well. I've also had a fairly 'busy' morning with chores and am now suffering for my sins! Decided to try and re-organise my kitchen and put things where they are easy to get at and/or reach, to try and make life easier. I have OA with my back affected so any bending down, reaching up or stretching are extremely painful. However, as I am retired I can sit and rest as and when I wish and I feel for you having to go to work and endure the endless pain. If only other people knew what it was like.

Take care. Beryl
    this is the thing noone knows how bad it is inclueding my own work i am just trying to keep my job as long as i can as i know it will be harder to find anther one