Cervogenic Dizziness - a new diagnosis

Options
Catie
Catie Member Posts: 362
edited 24. Jan 2013, 02:46 in Living with Arthritis archive
A big thank you to all the lovely members who replied to my post detailing my battle with dizziness. I had undergone extensive tests to establish the cause of my dizziness which at times left me bed-ridden or housebound, and they had all concluded that the OA in my neck was the cause. Several of you urged me to see my GP again and I acted upon your advice :).
It seems that my neck is only partly responsible for my problems as I have now been diagnosed by an ENT Consultant with BPPV - a problem with the inner ear - and await treatment. Fingers crossed for me please :)

Catie

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Catie
    I'm pleased you got another diagnosis.
    Let us know how it goes

Love
    Hileena
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    Options
    Great that you got a diagnosis and can now proceed to correct treatment.

Take care

Wendy xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    It's good that you have a diagnosis, Catie, and it sounds as if they have a plan of action. Well done for persevering and please keep us in the loop.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Oh Poor you Catie

I have had several bouts of directional vertigo leaving me dizy and vomitting so l can totally sympathise.

I hope they can come up with effective treatment for you

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Catie
    I am glad you went back to your GPs, sometimes these things aren't safe to ignore.
    Hopefully the ENT people can give you some answers...good luck with it all and please let us know how you get onx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Catie
    Options
    Many thanks to you all for your kind words and support. I will keep you posted :)
  • PowerOn
    PowerOn Member Posts: 200
    Options
    That sounds great, GPs do get things wrong they are human (Me being nice about GPs?)
    I hope this gets sorted for you, dizzness is a terrible thing.
    I am nosey and cant help wondering why they had not examined the ears at an early stage?
    Or was this a second ENT appointment.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • Catie
    Options
    Hi PowerOn,

Thank you for your reply. I had been examined by an ENT Consultant before, but given the all clear. Then sent to a Neurologist etc. I was told that the dizziness was due to severe arthritis in my neck. I'm now told that the OA is only part of the problem...so am hoping that with treatment I will gain some sense of normality :)