Rheumatoid arthritis: day 2

Options
tanyakent
tanyakent Member Posts: 23
edited 24. Jan 2013, 06:41 in Living with Arthritis archive
Feeling much more positive than previously, thanks to all the support received on here, and a long and loving chat from my partner, it’s our 3rd year anniversary. So instead of this getting the better of me and invading my head like it has my joints I say no !! I have a long and happy life ahead of me with him yes it may be a very tough road and a very painful one at best but I refuse to let this beat me.
Pain : I’m actually having a bearable day today, not too much pain and discomfort, my hands and ankles are the worst today but everything else (touch wood) seems ok today. A scary concept for tomorrow because after a good day follows a bad day, or at least that’s how it usually pans out.
Had a little chat with the pharmacist about various medications which has put my mind at ease slightly. His kind words of wisdom helped me to stop feeling sorry for myself and look at things positively.
I like to think I’m a strong person so I’ll be dammed if I’m going to give in and let it bring me down. RA you will not win !! I will beat you and I will life a happy and full life, nothing has changed my life plans stay the same and I’m determined to complete them.
The Future looks grim: well for the last 5 years I’ve been studying at college and currently uni to be a PE teacher (Ironic). So many people have attempted (including my doctor and even my lecturer) to quit because of having RA. Apparently I’m not capable of being a good PE teacher because I have RA and various other health problems. Well sorry to burst your bubble but I’m pretty sure there are teachers out there with problems like mine and maybe even worse. Ive spent allot of time and worked very hard at my degree and im not about to quit !! A PE TEACHER I WILL BE !!
Dear Gavin, (uni gymnastics lecture)
If I could actually write a letter to this guy it would but much harsher than I am about to explain and a little stronger worded. Gavin oh lovely gavin seems to think RA is impossible at my age and continues to force me to do gymnastics Yes that’s gymnastics a limber sport something which im clearly not and so because of my poor attendance and so called minimal effort in lessons failed me on this unit so id just like to say thanks . ha ha.

As always thanks for your support on here !!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What a lovely positive post tanyakent...
    You will get there I am sure of that ..the road may be a bit rocky but I'm sure this will make you more determined...wishing you well with everything x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tanyakent
    Options
    life is what you make it .. if i spend it letting RA rule my life then misery upset and pain will be my life.. if i ignore it control it and carry on. Happiness can only follow.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Too right Tanya

I just replied to what must have been yesterday's post :)

You are getting there girl!!

I am proud of you :)

Might be an idea to chat to your Tutor at college about your course as tehy may be able to help you.

I would think a person who has health issues woudl amke an inspiring PE teacher! In fact one of mine at secondary school had somrthing going on - may even have been arthritis looking back :? .

Take care

love

Toni xx

PS hang on to your LOVELY partner :wink:
  • tanyakent
    Options
    Toni :

Yes im planning on having a meeting with my lecture to explain its simply not possible to expect me to be some kind of olympic gymnast.

Also my partner (dave) is outstanding we have been friends for well over 6-7 years and been a couple for 3 and hes been there throught my pain/operations even sat and held me when ive felt like a good sob, hes my life i dont intend on loosing him. it always helps having him here beside me. it keeps me going positive along with my friends and family and you lovely people on hear

x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Reading about your being at Uni studying to be a PE teacher touched me, I went to college after staying on at school (to correct a couple of bum G.C.S.E exam grades). And did a BETEC in Business Studies, I knew what I wanted and kept my mind on it! I'm not sure if they still do it but we had to go and find a business that would allow you to do work experience for a couple of months. I found a local Estate Agents & a friend of mine was struggling so I helped him to find a new estate Agents who where willing to have him after I did most of the talking because he was very shy!! That estate agents would be my 1st employer who head hunted me at college! So what I want to say is all ways have a goal, something to aim for. If you want to be a PE teacher you fight for it! There are so many doors that could lead to, you have to find the one that opens for you.