Good news for me and hello to all

Options
williamlargs
williamlargs Member Posts: 143
edited 25. Jan 2013, 06:10 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi to all

I haven't posted for a while but look in regularly. I was encouraged, shall we say, to come on with good news if possible so here goes.

Had my 9 monthly rheumy appointment yesterday and with no encouragement from me was told I could come off the meth with immediate effect. Turns out I am one of the lucky less that 5% of people diagnosed with RA that has gone in to remission.

For anyone interested who doesen't know my story I was diagnosed in 2003 with a positive RA factor and all the pain and swelling. Several years of sulphsalazine put me into remission and a couple of drug free years followed. In 2010 a flare up occured in tandem with the rupturing of a bakers cyst behind my knee. I was immediately put onto Meth building up to 20mg. It took the best part of 3 months in conjunction with Diclofenic and paracetomol to settle things down again. During this period I did watch my alcohol consumption :roll: honest!

Anyway as stated at the top I am once again drug free. I am not silly enough to think thats that but fingers crossed I stay in remission this time.
I will still be looking in regularly and encourage if I can and can only wish that you all were as lucky as I have been so far.

Kind regards to all
William

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Over the moon for you William, bet you are so pleased. Its nice to hear good news.

Take care

Wendy xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello William and welcome back I remember you well..
    Gosh I do love good news and this has to be the best, I am so very pleased for you.
    Like you say fingers crossed and long may it continue... :D
    Now you take care x
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Brilliant news! And thank you for sharing it with us. You are quite right to view it as possibly/probably just temporary but go for it while you can and, who knows? You might just get permanently lucky. I had one or two remissions in the early days and wonderful things they are. Enjoy being meds free!
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Great news.....even if it is a temporary thing......we dont know....do we??
    Thanks for posting
    Hileena
  • taylor04
    taylor04 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    Wow! That's great! Didn't even know that was possible so thanks for sharing and giving a little bit of hope :-)
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    great news 4 you william and hope 4 us all
    bout time we had some good news, made up 4 u m8

good luck :lol: mike26...
  • williamlargs
    Options
    Thanks to all for the good wishes. As stated I'm not that naive to think its all over but who knows. My rheumy did say that less than 5% go into remission and stay there!

Heres hoping :)
  • rockchick
    rockchick Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Such good news to read.

Very best wishes for a long, long remission.

RC
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    I am so pleased for you William :D

Your story will help so many people suffering now won't it?

Off the MTX?!! Fantastic.

Now that doesn't mean you can't pop in to see us lot every now and then :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Just wanted to say....good going there William. It's good to hear that you are drug free.

My hubby was born with RA and he became drug free for a long time. So, keep it up.
    Karen xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey! That is WONDERFUL news, I am so happy for you. :D Please do your very best never to darken our door again, OK? :wink: Many congratulations, williamlargs, I am a DelightedDaisy.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • williamlargs
    Options
    Hi DD

Thanks for the good wishes. I will darken your door again but hopefully only to see how you all are but who knows. :?:

Thanks for all your corespondence and help over the last few years. It has been very much appreciated.

xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Great news william and long may it last for you! Oh yeah by the way hello and welcome back! :)