Rheumatoid arthritis day 3

Options
tanyakent
tanyakent Member Posts: 23
edited 25. Jan 2013, 05:48 in Living with Arthritis archive
Firstly I hope you are all doing well on here and I send you my warmest thoughts and comfort.
Today’s a bad day, which was expected as yesterday I had a pretty ok day, it usually pan out good day bad day good day bad day and if I have a few good days I know I’m heading for a massive unbearable day, so yes todays not so good. The cold weather isn’t my friend and my body is not very appreciative of it, although having said that how could I resit building a snowman! Sorry RA you failed to stop me building the annual snowman.

Puts things into perspective: late last night I had a quite sob to myself thinking terrible thoughts of the pain in store over the next few … well life time, and I little voice in my head shouted GET A GRIP!! And instantly my nan/mother/father in law all popped into my head. These three people all have one thing in common, CANCER !! yes the big C . My nan is terminally ill with cancer my mother has been 2 years clear and my father in law has only just a few days ago found out its back. So this perspective made me realise Woahh !! get a grip you have RA yes its painfull and some days un bearable and yes it’s a horrible disease but these three people in my life have had to deal with so much more and are fighting strong and happy and here I am feeling sorry for myself. So though yes I take understanding of that RA is a horrible painfull disease and is life effecting there is much worse people out there dealing with worse situations of whom are happy positive people. It inspired me to be a much stronger person.
Pain: A bad day! Knees, ankles, hands, spine and hips .. RA is definitely making itself known today. So with a big grin on my face I say hello and move on and head to work ! OUCHH
Work: I work in a sports store and I am a part time till supervisor in a store where there are no doors so the whole store is wide open to this bitter cold air. I must admit I looked rather attractive in my oversized jumper provided by my manager! Felt very much like a robot “ hello is this all your looking for today” “ would you like a bag for life?” “ we also have 50% of out socks and insoles today if your interested?” “would you like a catalogue at all today 50p?” “Tell customer how much” “thank you very much your change and your receipt, have a good day” this conversation haunts me !. and with a very fake pain filled smile my jaw starts to hurt ha

As always thank you for all your support on here !

Comments

• kathe
    kathe Member Posts: 183
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    So sorry to hear that you are struggling so mutch . Living whit RA is not easy, and there will always bee people going true tings like cancer or so. But living whit RA is not easy at all, I know. And you have all the right to feel down sometime. You come over like a strong person to me, you work and all that. Hope it gets better for you and best wisches :-)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,429
    Options
    Hi Tanya

WELL DONE for building the snowman

r050.gif

Does us all good to let the inner child loose!!

I am sorry today has not been good for you, but you got through it. You are working even if it's not easy so that's an acheivement.

Yes, as Kathe says, there are people who have cancer and yes arthritis isn't the same as a terminal diagnosis, but it still isn't easy.

Thank you for your kind wishes - the best back at you too :)

Love

Toni xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Tanya, I must say I enjoy reading your 'Rhumatoid Arthritis day ' posts very good! I know what you mean about the little voice in your head giving you a kick up the ****, mine does too! My Aunt (in-law) has terminal Cancer and when she goes for chemo she always makes time to pop in 1st and see me, she comes round has a drink and we both gossip away and she always is happy and caring. She even works tirelessly raising money for Cancer research. She truely is my hero, I have her on a pedistall, but she woun't have being called our hero. So when I'm down my voice says 'hey two words, Aunt Helen' and then I get a kick up the ****! This cold weather is definatly upsetting alot of our joints, I haven't properly been out yet! I've got as far as the front door to collect parcels and just 5mins at the door several times has upset my joints!! Roll on the weekend hey! Milder weather on the way! Take care and keep warm!