Ghastly photo on blue badge

GraceB
GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
edited 29. Jan 2013, 13:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
It's awful - truly awful. And to make matters worse there's not only the original photo I had to send in, but a scanned-in second copy of it too! :roll:

I have to say though that I am impressed with my Local Authority's Blue Badge Dept. They received my application on a Tuesday and I had confirmation on the Friday (yes! - the same week) that my badge was being printed. And to think I'd complied with their timescales and allowed 8-10 weeks for them to process it ... :!:

Then, of course, I started worrying about the dates on it. Would they have 'short-changed' me 8 weeks' worth of BB? I'm delighted to say they have managed to organise that it runs concurrently with my current BB.

It replenishes your faith in human nature - it really does.

If you are about to apply for a new BB - expect to see your mug-shot appear twice!

GraceB
Turn a negative into a positive!

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Grace I hate having my photo taken full stop :roll: ....I am glad they have got it to you so quickly...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    hi grace b
    well done pleased 4 u
    im still waiting 4 mine think me photo looks like a

convict probably through me in prison..haha :lol::lol:
    mike26....
  • babytiger
    babytiger Member Posts: 360
    Sounds like my photo, I look so haggard and old in mine... makes me cringe everytime I look at it but the good is that I have one and mine through quickly as well
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Grace
    Sounds like my pic on my blue badge....its dreadful....but I suppose we should be thankful we have got the badges.
    The other thing is.....I went for acupuncture this morning and its in the physio dept and i decided to kill 2 birds with one stone. Sort out the arthritis booklets and renew them...that meant I had to have my ID {arthritis} bad on.....its just as bad :shock:

Love
    Hileena
  • Nicchick
    Nicchick Member Posts: 191
    Mine's shocking too, makes my passport look good!

I was in so much pain and elated to finally get a DLA award but didn't want to appear smug in pics.......a very odd expression due to Tramadol!

Nx
  • RitaW
    RitaW Member Posts: 83
    I can sympathise.My photo on my blue badge makes me look like a zombie.I am just glad it is displayed photo side down. :shock:
    R.A. FMS IBS RLS IGD with honours.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    My last BB had an awful picture on it! I had a wild perm and my face looked like a gerbil! Now this one is a lot better with my hair straight and since loosing a bit of weight I have a thinner face, much happier!! :)
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    I'm so pleased I'm not the only one!

My partner has a unique approach to this type of photo. He states that they always make you look like a criminal, so he sits there and poses as a criminal and glares at the camera. The grimmer the better from his perspective!

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    :lol: I hate getting my pic taken, at least we put our badges in with face not showing mind you might be a good idea to place face upwards as would scare any car theif

Wendy x
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Hi there

My photo is awful too....

But when inserted into the wallet provided by the council - you cannot actually see the photo - its on the backside of the main part - you just see the other details and expiration date ect...

No problems - phew....xx
    hugs freesia xxx