How Long To Work

Options
shandy4greenday
shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
edited 26. Jan 2013, 14:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
Does the steroid injection even work and give you any pain relief.I was given mine Tuesday morning and still haven't felt any different than when I went to the hospital,if anything I have felt worse since I'm just fed up with these cramps every nite,I dread the evenings arriving as I don't know what pain will be next as they are worse for me in the evening sometimes as during the day I can try to keep busy to keep my mind off it but at least during the evening I can put some deep heat on as I am resting for it to work whereas during the day I'm busy doing dinner etc so I can't rest so it don't take any effect sorry for the moan I know most on here are going through the similar things I think ive just had a few bad days since my hospital appointment Tuesday taking it all in even though I knew deep down it wasn't going to be OA and fed up not being able to get out cause the cold too i'm just fed up.

Comments

• numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear Shandy, it seems you are winding yourself up like a spring, the steroid injection might take a few days for you to feel the real benefit but, while you're worrying about it your muscles are tightening, try to stay calm, meditation might help. I/we know how frustrating it is waiting for the meds to take effect. I'm sure someone with words of wisdom will be along to give you some advice and hints, in the mean time....

Take care, keep warm and calm

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • mike26
    mike26 Member Posts: 416
    Options
    hi shandy 4 greenday
    ive had a few steroid injections and all they did is make my bum ache,
    then when thay gave me tablet form thay do seem to help me.
    just recently ive also been getting few cramps at night in bed ,nasty ones have to get up and av walk around till it goes.
    so yes 4 me the tablets are better... :roll: mike26..
    hope tis better soon 4 u ...
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry I cant really offer any help, the only steroid injections I have had have been into joints some have worked some not.
    I do hope you get some relief very soon.pain is so blinking wearing, I do feel for you.x
    Love
    Barbara
  • shandy4greenday
    shandy4greenday Member Posts: 344
    Options
    Thankyou I think it's just wearing me down everyday cramps never seem to get a rest from them anymore even 1 day rest would be nice it just don't happen,on the funny side I just seem to smell from heat cream all the time you could probably smell me coming,I really hope with the weather gonna be warming up a little now the snow is going maybe I'll get a little relief soon.I will mention at the hospital in 3 weeks if still no better.