Ouch!!

Options
bubbadog
bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
edited 28. Jan 2013, 05:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
I noticed yesterday that my left knee was twinging alittle, I put it down to cold getting to it when I was at the front door getting parcels or talking to people. So just ignored it, bad mistake!! Woke up this morning and the knee has swollen and is very painful and when standing and walking my lower back has shooting pains going up and down. Big Ouch!! So lots of cushions behind back and getting leg comfy and just rest and time and fingers crossed it is just a small blip and will be back to normal soon!

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope it settles soon,we will all be better when the warmer weather comes. Mig
  • numptynora
    numptynora Member Posts: 782
    Options
    OOOO OWWWW I feel for you Bubba, hope the rest and sitting comfy helps and tomorrow you'll be feeling better.

Numps x
    Numps x
    Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bubba its rotten how this blinking disease can just catch us unawares....I do hope it settles down for you ...and you can get some sleep. x
    Love
    Barbara
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Ooh, that is definately ouch. Hope it goes down real quick and the pain goes away as quick as it came. Shall cross my fingers for you.
    Karen xx
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear this Bubbadog.
    I hope you feel much better, very soon. All you can really do to help yourself is rest.
    Thinking of you,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I hope things are a bit better today, bubbadog.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Had a horrible night, now both knee's and back are not happy! Had some oromorph at 2am this morning, and did a few word searches till 2.40am this morning eventually went to sleep and woke at 8am, got myself in comfortable position on settee and plan to have a nice long soak in the shower this afternoon! Thank goodness for shower chairs! I'm pretty sure the steroid injection is wearing off, booked in for my next one 4th March so going to call my G.P in the morning and see what she suggests.
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Awe Bubba sorry you had such a bad night hopefully your nice hot shower will help ease things a wee bit, let us know how the doc app goes tomorrow.............tc................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Sorry your knee is playing up Bubba, join the clan! Mine is too and it's jolly painful. Decides to 'give out' on me at varying times too - very inconvenient. Do hope your pain will ease soon. Hope the rest helps. ((())) Beryl
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Can't speak to my G.P till Friday which I think is to long to wait so having to speak to another G.P in practice which I don't like doing as it takes forever to explain everything to them but have no choice as she is available tomorrow for phone consultation. Another restless sleep last night but was helped somewhat by more extra Oro-morph.