Whites of my eyes go pink! ^_^

Options
PowerOn
PowerOn Member Posts: 200
edited 28. Jan 2013, 04:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Ok, not joking.

Wondering if this is something others have noticed 8-/

My eyes used to be very white (in the right places) then a while I ago I noticed they had gone the same wishey washey grey/pink my dads eyes had in his old age, so I put it down to that (old age).

Then one day I noticed my eyes were bright white and I was feeling great.

Over time I have noticed when I am in a lot of pain, meaning not just knees and fingers and usual pain, but the really grinding you down all over pain and intense pain that is usually accompanied by the intense heat in the joints that I associate with inflammation, that is when my eyes change from bright white to the wishey washy grey/pink.

So is it me being unique (aherm!) or have other's noticed anything similar, or maybe will keep on eye on it in future?

My dad had arthritis in his later years which is why I mention him.
Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.

Comments

• villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have never noticed poweron I never look at my eyes that closely as it's sometimes a bit hard to see when your as blind as a bat :lol: but I will find a way to observe xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • PowerOn
    Options
    Hi villier
    I know what you mean but the great thing about needing glasses is how pretty the world is if you take them off :-D
    I think I was going through a little "feeling sorry for myself phrase" when I first noticed, hair going grey then my eyes going weird.
    So believe me when I looked in the mirror and saw my eyes had perked up it was something of a minor miracle and worth keeping on eye on.
    Thank you for joining in it would be great if we find some visible sign of inflammation to put the doubters in their place.
    My GP will properly think me a little nutty but at my next appointment I am going to mention this and see if they are game enough to be bothered to check it out with other people.
    Best joke I ever read, "With that information and a diagnosis of spondylosis, your doctor can develop a treatment plan‏" or back in reality totally ignore you. Is ok I have a sense of humour and a boxing glove, not defeated yet.
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Interesting. I noticed my eyes don't look as bright as they used to. Haven't noticed any pinkness but will keep an eye (sorry :lol: ) on them.
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,712
    Options
    My eyes go pink/red if I have conjunctivitis but not otherwise. It might be worth checking out next time you see your GP or optician.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    My other half noticed this with my eyes a long time ago too ; when others are taken in by my pretence of , " I feel great ! " , hubby always knows if it's untrue . When I asked once how he could tell he said it's in my eyes , they look pinker and less bright when I'm struggling ! They do say that the eyes are the window to the soul after all . Jillyb
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    My eyes dull, they don't look as bright as they could. Like mrjillyB1 Mr DD knows (and those who really know me know too) that when I say I'm fine but the eyes are dulled I'm lying. I don't know whether they 'pinken' or not but it could just be that one's sluggish and pain-ridden system is reflected in the eyes.

My tongue's always yucky. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi PowerOn
    How strange just a few weeks ago I bought the eye brightener from the chemist...I had people saying I look tired all the time....wonder if it connected to my OA...mind you I am 63 this year... :?
    Love
    Barbara
  • PowerOn
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, it does seem the eyes do indeed have a connection I will definetly ask the GP if this is a known thing.
    There are times when my tongue is yukky too-will be squinting in to the mirror and sticking my tongue out!
    LOL what a sight I might frightened myself!
    Watch out and see if there are any days when your eyes are bright and as white as they were when you were young, that happens to me sometimes which is why I realised it can't be old age (I could be getting younger?!?)
    Happy to say I am bright eyed today!