Advise in full-time work

Options
Decky
Decky Member Posts: 65
Hello everyone its been a while from I've been on here.
I'm 25 I've RA being treated for this, But this passed month its beyond me how I'm getting through my working day.
So I've just came on to see what other people have done in my situation what is available to help us in work if anything??

I'm due at the hospital for joint injections in feb hope these help :roll:

Thanks for reading hope to see some replies soon :)

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Decky. It's nice to see you again. Have you tried this site? http://www.yourworkhealth.com/ I hope the injections help.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Thelaststarfighter
    Thelaststarfighter Member Posts: 34
    Options
    Hello all,

First blog from a recently diagnosed seronegative suffer. Starting sulfasasalinze on Wednesday when my bloods come back, just wondering does anyone have any idea how this drug tends to react with people?

I think I am bullet proof as for the past four months I've been chomping on co-codamol,arcoxia and tramadol.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello, I'm on sulph, I have been since 2002 and it's not interfered with work or my arthritis. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Thelaststarfighter
    Options
    Thanks DD,

Was it the 3 months before sulf began to work? Also do you need to use painkillers?
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    As I said, it's never interfered with my arthritis (I have psoriatic) but it does help to keep my skin clear of the psoriasis part of my affliction. The meds that control the PsA are injected methotrexate and humira and yes, pain dullers are an essential part of my daily routine. I keep them to the minimum as I need to function so I can work so I take 30/500 cocodamol, usually four per day but currently I'm up to six due to extra stress factors in life.

All the meds are given a timescale of between 2 - 12 weeks before any difference might be felt. If you post again on the Living with Arthritis part of the forum more people will answer with their sulph experiences, that's the place that meds etc are usually discussed. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Thelaststarfighter
    Options
    Thanks DD

I will take your advice on meds and ask around on the other part.

As for experience with work, as a joiner my life has been turned upside down. Just today after a long meeting my right knee packed in as I couldn't get mobile. I really don't know what to do in such situations, do I flag it up and say I have issues and risk the consequences of my boss possibly wondering why he employs a person to do physically intensive work who can't do it, or do I say nothing?
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    everyones different, i couldnt take sulfasalaazine as got awful headaches. id say 7 weeks plus, thats what it was with the MXT when they said 12 weeks.