Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

What on earth???

stickywicketstickywicket Posts: 25,998 ✭✭✭
edited 28. Jan 2013, 15:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
We've just had:

1. A big flash of lightening.
2. A loud clap of thunder that set the car alarm off.
3. A fierce hailstorm

Thunder & lightening in January?
“There is always a well-known solution to every human problem - neat, plausible, and wrong.” H.L. Mencken

Comments

• dreamdaisydreamdaisy Posts: 31,567 ✭✭✭
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It's called weather. :wink: Unlike other parts of the world which have very boring weather (with ocasional outbursts of pure evil) ours is more than able (and happy) to give us a taste of at least two seasons every day (or maybe more if circumstances permit). I remember snow threee feet deep one week in June in the early sixties followed by a mini heat-wave.

This morning we had something resembling a spring morning, now there's a howling wind and lashing rain. This time last week it was minus eleventyhundred and there was snow. :roll: Apparently variety is the spice of life. DD

PS Or perhaps the arthritis god was celebrating his latest strike against yours truly. Get in! :lol:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • NumptydumptyNumptydumpty Posts: 6,494
    Hmm, sounds like a storm to me :o :shock: :?
  • villiervillier Posts: 4,426
    Yep Sticky that's weather for you, we have all seen the four seasons in the one day :D xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • barbara12barbara12 Posts: 20,943 ✭✭
    I don't like thunder... :shock: much prefer snow... :)
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike26mike26 Posts: 416
    hi sticky wicket
    thats a bad un, thay forcast 13 to 14 (temp )here tomorow is spring gona be early this year. whatever i think were in 4 a lotta wet whether witch isnt good news. we need a dry month or so.
    mike26 :shock:
  • rondettorondetto Posts: 2,434
    I saw on the news that southern counties have had thunder and lightning. Where I live we have only experienced thunder in May and September. So it is fairly unusual for this time of year.
  • mike26mike26 Posts: 416
    yerr
    been pooring since late afternoon hear and tomorrow the same.
    mike26 :shock: