will scan show anything on methotrexate?

Options
lizzy100
lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
edited 29. Jan 2013, 11:43 in Living with Arthritis archive
im in agooony, nothing seems to be helping and my GP thinks im derranged! it hurts to walk, write, type, move. so sick of being in pain the whole time.
rheummy wants to do an ultrasound as bloods and xray were always normal.
thing is would an ultrasound show inflmmation anyway when im on methotrexate? im not convinced, and if it doesnt show anything hel just think im crazy to. i just want someone to do something to fix me, i dont care what. :(

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I'm wondering why you are seeing your GP rather than your rheumatologist but yes, you can still show inflammation on ultra sound. However, you can have swollen joints and not show any inflammation and have normal results. I know because it's happened to me when I've been on meds.

A good rheumy will always factor in your pain levels as well as bloods and scans etc. It's part of the diagnosis.
  • lizzy100
    lizzy100 Member Posts: 235
    Options
    because i went to my GP in agony, because my rheummatologist said i had to go through the gp. but then the gp refused to phone the rheummatologist.
    yea, dont think my rhemm gets that though. he seems to think because my bloods are ok it means theres nothing wrong, even though iv got swelling again now.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lizzy
    I am sorry I cant offer any advice, but I do hope you get some help very soon, its rotten when you are in constant pain.
    Please let us know how get on xx
    Love
    Barbara