My Introduction

Options
RossM96
RossM96 Member Posts: 9
edited 31. Jan 2013, 08:05 in Say Hello Archive
Ive never been great with introducing myself, but i guess i could give it a go. Heyy, my names Ross, im 16 nearly 17 and from London, i was diagnosed with JIA when I was 11, and i joined this forum to meet people close to my age that are abit like me, because in truth, you can feel very on your own at times, so yeah, anything else you wish to know just pm me or comment :)

Comments

• MumV
    MumV Member Posts: 71
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,

Sorry I am not a young person, but a mum whose daughter has JIA and is now 20. But hello any way I am fairly new to this forum.

I thought I would copy this link for you as it might help get you connected with a new web site for young people. This forum is great for tips and advice and a massive bundle of moral support, I hope you find someone to chat with a similar age as well as the lovely people on here.

P.S. I follow Arthritis Care and Arthritis Research UK on Face Book also which can be good.

Arthritis Research UK
    Arthritis Research UK has funded a new section on the Youthhealthtalk website http://bit.ly/kfoiy - looking at young people’s experiences of arthritis - and we'd like your help to test it before its launch.
    If you’re aged 10–25 and have arthritis, or you’re the parent of a child who does, it’d be great if you could complete an online questionnaire to let us know what you think.
    You can access the survey by following the link on this page.
    http://bit.ly/P9BurJ

Youthhealthtalk - Young people, real lives, real life experiences, health and lifestyle, health issu
    www.youthhealthtalk.org
    This is a website about young people’s real life experiences of health and lifestyle. This is not just a website about the medical facts, this is about real people and real lives. Watch, listen and read young people talking about their experiences, and feel free to join in the forums.

Good wishes to you. And kind regards

MumV
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Ross
    And a warm welcome from me
    I see that Mumv has given you some good info
    I am a lot older at 62, but I do find that this forum is full of information, and the main thing is you can talk to people that understand some of what you are going though.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon .
    Love
    Barbara
  • SJP93
    SJP93 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Ross,

My names Simone and im 19. I was recently diagnosed with OA and I can totally understand where you are coming from in regards to feeling isolated and not having a very good social life.

I havent been part of this site for very long but ever since I have its given me something to look forward to and it becomes part of your social life because you find comfort in talking to other people who have the same problem as you.
    If you ever need to talk, just send me a message :)
    We are all here to help one another and support one another!

Much Love x