Support please, for Fowls48

Options
2»

Comments

• Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Karen, it's lovely to hear from you. I'm sorry you're not so good yourself! Rest as much as you can, although I realise that isn't easy for you.
    I wish your mum luck in getting into the new care home, and hope it all works out well for her and you.
    Please keep in touch if you can, and let us know how things are going.
    You are in my thoughts,
    Numpty
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,710
    Options
    I agree that it’s lovely to hear from you, Karen. Yes, we all know what stress does. I hope the docs can help out there.

Dementia is a cruel disease. My mother-in-law had it and I can see that a fall would make it worse. It sounds as if you have a nice place lined up for her so that should ease everyone’s anxieties a bit. There’s no way you could look after her yourselves so don’t feel bad about that.

I hope, once she is established in her new home, you’ll feel a bit more at ease with things.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Hi Karen. Am thinking of you and hoping you will feel a little better soon. Hope that your Mum gets settled, that will help you too and you will feel happier about things. Take care. Beryl
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope your mum gets settled in the new home quickly so you can relax a bit and feel less stressed out. Don't be upset that you can't look after her yourself. Many people are in the same boat and find they have to work so are not able to look after their parents.
    Christine