Up date on cats

Options
numptynora
numptynora Member Posts: 782
edited 7. Feb 2013, 06:54 in Community Chit-chat archive
Well I've gone and done it, I managed to find a cat, not the one I wanted but this one is incredibly beautiful, he's a red mitted Snowshoe his name is Khuno but, the Burmese I already have, Lilly, is so jealous (she's a female) growling and hissing and so not lady like! the other one I have is Felix, I thought he would be the trouble maker but not at all. I know it's going to take a while for her to get over having hissy fits so I'll be patience personified!!!!!!
Numps x
Pets come into our lives, and then leave paw-prints on our hearts.

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck! He sounds beautiful and I am sure in a few weeks the hissing will stop and friendships (or at least dignified silences) will begin. Enjoy, I'm so please you got him xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Cats don't like change so a new arrival will get bullied until a common ground is found. It's all to do with territory as well so Khuno has to realise his place in the pecking order. Welcome to the family hey Khuno! Even the humans are alittle crazy!! :lol:
  • numptynora
    Options
    Thank you LV and bubbadog, it's just a shame that Khuno has to go through it, the expression on his face when Lilly growls is so sad!! He loves people though, my son and his family came last evening, he just loves the attention!!! if he was a girl I'd call him a tart!!....lol
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Poor Khuno! My bubba was like that (a tart!) especially with women being a male cat! He would rub up against their legs and look up at them all doey eyed so they would fuss him!
    We might be getting 2 cats now, it's still in descussion stage because my OH wants to go on holiday in March for my 40th but I'm so loney in the day on my own especially since Bubba passed I need another cat or 2! My OH said if we got another cat we would have 2!! So will keep you informed on developments!!! :o
  • lululu
    lululu Member Posts: 486
    Options
    Hey thats a lot of loves for you Numps, my boy is a tart as well he is always flirting with me, I love him dearly and as I live on my own I talk to him all the time and he usually answers me!
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Ah Numps :D

How lovely. It's hard this time settling a new one in, but soon it will all be forgotten.

g010.gif

love

Toni xxx
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh bubba' yes please keep us updated, if I could have brought Khuno's brother home as well, I would have but they are keeping him for stud, so he should be a happy little kitty!!!

lululu..my family call me the mad cat woman! how very dare they (said with an indignant voice)

I hope it doesn't take too long frogmorton

Numps x
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    My OH woun't give me a definate yes or no answer! I kept showing him pictures of kittens for sale near us last night! There where a couple of brothers and sisters I really liked! Thing is I love ragdoll cats and the kittens are soooo expensive! So still waiting for answer for OH!! :roll:
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Numpty
    How lovely I wish I could see a pic,cats always make it known that its there space,but you will know that... I am sure things will settle down soon ...we dont have any animals , and I do miss having something to cuddle...dog or cat...but next door have 4 cats and bit by bit one of them is moving in with us... :D our neighbours don't mind one bit.....x
    Love
    Barbara
  • numptynora
    Options
    Now then......he's started to eat now but, and a big but!! He can't seem to grasp what he should do in the litter box, it's as if he thinks it's beneath him to use the peasants loo! if only he knew it was installed just for his majesty's use!!

Day times are quiet but the evenings are play time for kitties, it's fun to jump over the furniture and shout at the same time!

If I survive this week I'll be amazed, I might change his name to kungfooooo maybe I'll start a diary

Numps x
    Numps x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Numps

perhaps he prefers to 'go' outside???

Glad at least he is eating - some can go days and days without eating and it's so distressing for us humans :?

love

Toni xx

Ps Amanda hope you get your puss-cat (s) :D
  • numptynora
    Options
    You could be right there frogmorton, I will take him out but first I'm going to get him chipped, I don't like collars cos they can easily get hooked on something.

His performance this morning was spectacular, he even ran away after (I think he probably surprised himself!!)
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    They do love to leave presents that we would rather not have! Maybe you should teach me to use the mommy & Daddy loo (like in meet the parents! That made me laugh so much!)

Update on the OH's decision it's a firm No. We had a domestic over it, I'm still heart broken. Maybe he'll change his mind one day.
  • numptynora
    Options
    Oh I do hope he changes his mind Bubbadog, I'm rooting for you.

lol He didn't leave me a present, well he did, but in the right place!! bless.

Numps x
    Numps x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    numptynora wrote:
    Oh I do hope he changes his mind Bubbadog, I'm rooting for you.

lol He didn't leave me a present, well he did, but in the right place!! bless.

Numps x

The man from delmonte he say 'YES!!!' He changed his mind and now we are on the lookout for 2 kittens, brother & sister preferably.