I'm Lady Penelope!!

Options
LignumVitae
LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
edited 8. Feb 2013, 04:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
So happy, as part of all the issues with waiting for Mr LV's visa to arrive, we haven't been able to get him insured at a sensible price because he didn't had a UK driving licence.
It was the first thing he applied for when the Visa finally arrived and today it turned up. Half an hour later I got him insured!
I do really love driving (preferrably really fast with the windows down, the sun coming in and the music playing loud) but these last couple of weeks my ever growing bump has stopped me being able to easily look left at tricky junctions and living where we do, in the foothills, there are plenty junctions on incredibly tight bends where looking left and leaning up hill are required...it was getting so I would take detours to avoid the worst ones.

Anyway, I can now relax and be Lady Penelope, chauffeur driven for the rest of the pregnancy as well as being able to put down my nightmare about driving to hospital in labour! Happy days! :D
Hey little fighter, things will get brighter

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Happy days, indeed, Lady P. It sounds like it's all coming together nicely at exactly the right time. Excellent :D
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey-hey! That is good news, I am very pleased for you both. I am sure Parker will take very good care of you, Bubble and Squeak. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    You sit back and enjoy LV...I bet5 hubby cant believe he can now drive on our quiet roads.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    O.....K :shock:

Just keep that Parker in-line won't you?

I was a bit worried for a moment because I thought you were Penelope Pitstop!!

Not good if you are with child :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Does he ask " you rang m'lady?" .... How cool would that be? Xx
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Sadly no 'you rang mi lady' but he did once give me a bell when I was sick so I could ring if I wanted anything, not too bad really!!

He is quite a good driver which is reassuring and I think he likes my car which is worrying because if he hadn't liked it I would have probably had more chance of wrestling back control of it when I was ready.

I did have one super smug moment, the space outside my house is quite tight (I have a strange neighbour who likes to park right up to the edge of her property despite having acres of space on the other side). He has spent 12 months thinking I was a bit of a flake when I couldn't get the car into the space in one go - I usually do but sometimes I don't. Three attempts it took him, I did take great delight at one point just casually telling him to 'just swing it in' as he has done to me so often! :lol:
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter