Soooo tired

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 13. Feb 2013, 14:22 in Community Chit-chat archive
So thought I'd be clever an started back to work yesterday-too soon I hear you say..... Yes you are correct but as always I know better and boy do I regret it now - I'm soooo tired I could cry. Any tips to either a) help the tiredness or b) make me less of a know it all!! :roll:

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It's all too easy to over-estimate our capabilities at times and to under-estimate how long it takes our bodies to fully recover from stuff. Remember and try to learn from it. (Also do as I say, not as I do :wink: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We all misjudge things (and in my case not only once). Now I routinely err on the side of caution, I don't get much done on a daily basis but I don't wear myself by not doing not very much! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Can't help with a)

But if I have an attack of b) I find a good slap in the face sorts me out :wink:

Seriously Kate have you cancelled work for now?? Kate needs more rest not less for a while longer

love

Toni xxx
  • chookgate
    chookgate Member Posts: 146
    Options
    a) There's nothing you can do except go to bed early (8.30/9pm) and get lots of sleep.
    b) Nothing you can do!

How long were you off work? I went back after 6 weeks, to just a sit down desk job, and I was exhausted. Suddenly having 8 hours a day where I couldn't do what I wanted, and having to concentrate etc was awful, but a week or so later of early nights I was back into things (really behind on TV viewing though!)
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Well I've spoken with my Boss and we've agreed on reduced hours for a few weeks so hopefully that will help a little bit!! Off now until Tuesday so hoping for a restful weekend even thougHubby is going to Ireland for the rugger!! Take aways it is then! :wink: xx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    You need to learn to listen to your body, it will tell you when it's starting to get tired and needs a break or rest. We all push past our body warning it's tired and over do it. While at work give yourself a few 10-15mins breaks if you can just to have a coffee or just stop and rest. That way you woun't burn yourself out. Hope that helps!
  • Arethro
    Arethro Member Posts: 6
    Options
    Its very difficult to do anything let alone manage yourself or get enthusiastic about anything. You can cut yourself some slack, you've been hit difficult and are still pulling but you should try and quit doing nothing before it becomes schedule.
    Fairways Supported Living
    182-184 Hursley Road Toowoomba QLD 4350 Australia
    Phone : +61 1300 765 051
    http://www.fairwayssupportedliving.com.au/