advice

Options
maggsy
maggsy Member Posts: 25
edited 6. Feb 2013, 14:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi im new to the forum, I was orginally diagnosed with OA in 2011 in both my feet and was told that i also had it in my hands and knees. i had previously had a MRI scan done on my right knee back in 1994 which showed then that i would need a knee replacement but as i was only 27 so this was not an option. i have had shoe inserts made which still to this day hurt, since october my feet have got worse and since January both of my knees and hands have also got very painful making it very painful to walk and do normal daily tasks im lucky that my husband is very supportive as he now has to do most of the housework and also cook all the meals as i have noticed that i have problems with gripping things and also opening jars and bottles and even crisp packets. i have been back to my GP and was told theres not anything that can be done just take vitamins and use capisan cream and co codamol and also morphine as the pain is so bad which is not good as i still have to go to work. I returned to my doctors two weeks later and saw a different GP who sent me for a xray for my right knee but not for any of the other joints so now have to wait till nxt week for results, i spoke to the mobility centre that made my inserts to see if they could rec anything to help, they advised me to use crutches to try and take some of the pressure off my joints, and to ask GP to re refer me backto the hospital i dropped a letter into the doctors asking if they could refer me but i still have not had a reply, has anyone else had these sort of problems with getting help and treatment
sorry to be so miserable but the pain is making me very grumpy
regards Maggsy