Cars A Write Off!!

Options
deedeeitsme
deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
edited 7. Feb 2013, 14:18 in Community Chit-chat archive
Had loads of snow here in Derbyshire yesterday morning and my daughter wrote her car off. She was going down a steep hill and lost control because of ice and snow, at the bottom of the hill is a junction and another car was struggling so rather than hit the other car and maybe cause injury she steered her car into a road sign to stop. Her car looks like a V has been stamped into and front and damage to drivers side. Her car was half on the road, half on the curb when it came to a halt and she was panicking about it obstructing other drivers and causing them problems but a couple of young lads in a range rover stopped and towed her car into a safe position.

Bless her, when she rang me she was in tears, took me a while to calm her down. She was on her way to work and had rung them to let them know what had happened, and when I rang to find out exactly where she was so that we could bring her home a lovely lady who lives in a cottage opposide where she had the accident had asked her in for a warm and a cup of tea and her boss was already on his way to pick her up and deliver her safely back home, she has her own house but still calls my house home.

Any way, no broken bones just sore ribs and left leg. The insurance company have collected the car so she is awaiting a call from them to see whether it's repairable (don't think so) or not.

Hope we've seen the last of this snow now.

Dee x

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope your daughter recovers quickly and I hope you do too as it must have been a shock for you.Mig
  • deedeeitsme
    deedeeitsme Member Posts: 321
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Mig....yes I've calmed down now. She's having the rest of the week off work, I think it's more shock than anything which is understandable. She should know by the end of the week whether it is repairable or not but until then she is without a car so it is driving her crazy. Isn't it funny though how you take these things for granted and she is hating being without her car, having to rely on other people to take her somewhere.

Take care Mig and hope you are having a good day. Dee x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Cars can be mended and/ or replaced but the main thing is your daughter's OK. An awful shock for both of you though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • ShulaArcher
    ShulaArcher Member Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Dee

Very much a shock for your daughter and yourself. Hope you're all recovering well. Have to say it's nice she was looked after by somebody nearby.

Shula
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Dee what an awful shock,thank goodness your daughter is not seriously injured, but the shock can catch up with her.....and you come to that....I hope she recovers very soon ...(((((()))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    So long as she is ok Dee

really that's all that matters isn't it?

I am a nervous wreck when my eldest goes out in teh car ATM (she passed last month :? )

How lovely all those kind people :D

Love

Toni xxx