Bad attack of the "whymes"

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 8. Feb 2013, 13:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
Now some of you know me of old and I think on the whole I'm a positive sort of glass half full type of gal but whether it's the miserable weather or my hormones or just 'arthur' I'm having a real " why me?" kind of afternoon. How do I explain to well meaning friends that actually no I don't know how long I'll be like this and no I didn't ask if there was a time scale to work to. The truth of the matter is no one knows -the proverbial piece of string is stretched out in front of me for miles and the main question still remains unanswered -"why me?"

Kate xx

Comments

• wall1409
    wall1409 Member Posts: 294
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We all get them Kate so dont be hard on yourself hun. Its a nasty horrible thing is arthur in any shape or form.

Wendy xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is a difficult concept for us and those who know us. They fall sick, go to the docs, take some pills and then get better. We are sick, we go to the docs, we take our meds like good little girls and boys and we don't get better. :roll:
    DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Yep DD

I am always flippantly throwing a finished card of pills at my husband and saying look......I'm cured :wink:

I don't know Kate, but I do know you are in this thing with some seriously good company

love (the ever-modest)

toni xxx
  • katekelly
    Options
    Yes Toni - good company indeed. Now just need a few more peeps to go out partying on a Saturday night and to banish the whymes back to whence they came!

Mind you I have been invited to the inaugural meeting tomorrow night of the pudding club!! Pudding as in eating not as in baby!! So that's a night out with benefits many calorific benefits!! I think that might be the subject of my next forum topic! Xx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    When something crops up that my hands can't cope with I have a dose of the why me's but as someone on here said to me "why not" fortunately they don't last long.Mig
  • Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options
    I often feel like why me iv'e had enough of this but i'ts funny how we all still seem to just get on with it
    Stay positive always👍xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How are you feeling today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • katekelly
    Options
    Hi DD,

A bit better today thanks -still very tired though as I had another bad night. I'm sure it's all drug induced but the nightmares are quite terrifying and whenever I go back to sleep I go back to them! So I'm in a kind of limbo at the moment of wanting to sleep and not wanting to sleep.

I'm going to pudding club tonight so hopefully that will give me a lift and uber-cool Ellie is coming home from uni so that always helps.

Hubby is away in Dublin this weekend so the TV will not be jumping from station to station and me and the kids can have choice of takeaway! See I've found the silver lining!!

Love Kate xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi Kate :)

Lovely to have Ellie home :)

A taste of my imminent future there. They are a great distraction kids aren't they?

Now a 'pudding club' eh? Sounds rather tasty to me.....no pudding clubs here. Stuff your face and enjoy yourself

I actually know what you mean I enjoy a night without my husband too at times. You choose TV, You can spread out in bed, You can eat what you like....definitely a silver lining as long as it's not for too many days :?

Love

Toni xx