Pudding Club

Options
katekelly
katekelly Member Posts: 975
edited 9. Feb 2013, 04:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Folks,

Tomorrow is the inaugural night of Pudding Club where a bunch of friends get together and take a variety of puddings and deserts. So my question is what pudding should I make? Something that looks spectacular but is easy to make and transport so no profiterole pyramids etc.

Suggestions all gratefully received.

Kate xx

Comments

• Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Summer pudding, all from cans(!), can stay upside down until you get there? Cover with double cream and yummmmmmmm! :D
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Golden syrup steamed sponge and custard,not practical i know but I could just eat some,my mum made a cracking pud.Mig
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    There is a painfully easy Nigella recipe for sticky toffee pudding, you bung it all in a bowl and pour on boiling water and then stuff it into the oven. I just checked and it's easy to find on an internet search for 'Nigella sticky toffee pudding'. I've done it a few times and it is always a winner! Good luck, let us know how you get on and what you cook.
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    I like the sound of that one, LV. Easy is never painful and always welcome. I shall try it out on my sister when she next comes round. (Can't do it just for me and him. We'd only eat it :wink:)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I love making puds, but I have learned that making them for others...it doesn't always go right.....so cant you cheat and buy one ... :oops: :D
    Love
    Barbara
  • PollySid
    PollySid Member Posts: 343
    Options
    My Mum used to make lovely steam sponge puddings. Her speciality was a rainbow pudding. Basic sponge pudding, but one third chocolate favour, one third plain and one third pink (food colouring). The colours were mixed loosely together to give a marble effect.
    Serve with custard.
    My children used to love Nanny's rainbow pudding, my grown up daughter remembers it with affection and has made one for her children.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Coffee & Walnut cake, yummy my favorite, my late Aunt used to make it and it was sooooo yummy!!
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Black. - v tasty.
  • katekelly
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    Black. - v tasty.

Like the idea of that one ichabod!

Ended up making gypsy tart -really quick and easy and also easy to transport! Also got everything to make chocolate covered mango sorbet but decided I couldn't be bothered!! So the tart will have to be enough and seeing as there are about 10 of us going I think we'll all be sick after anyway!! :(
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    sigh.......

cake h040.gif

Here's to you feeling suitably happy-sicky later :wink:

love

Toni xxx
  • katekelly